Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

For belly what is best?

For belly what is best? 8 votes

Elipticall
75%
Tiffany083janicejean1953eatyourtoastbx886htt26simonepattyson92coachbutchtcb252 6 votes
Treadmil
25%
Mccloud74TalhaSarfraz8469 2 votes

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    Calorie deficit.

That. And for a lot of people these days, better posture would help. There are exercises for that, but elliptical or treadmill aren't particularly relevant to posture.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,013 Member
    Neither of those target core muscles, and spot reducing fat is not possible with diet.
  • trixsterjl31
    trixsterjl31 Posts: 55 Member
    My guess is treadmill. Elliptical will burn calories faster but you'll do the treadmill longer. It depends on you and a lot of factors but track your calorie burn. Your body will go for that stomach fast eventually.
  • Tiffany083
    Tiffany083 Posts: 32 Member
    Elipticall
    A calorie deficit does work on every other part of my body before belly fat. I have genetics against me. I've started working on my core, like planks, hoping that helps a little bit extra. I love both the treadmill and elliptical but my belly fat doesn't seem to change after prolonged use.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,086 Member
    Tiffany083 wrote: »
    A calorie deficit does work on every other part of my body before belly fat. I have genetics against me. I've started working on my core, like planks, hoping that helps a little bit extra. I love both the treadmill and elliptical but my belly fat doesn't seem to change after prolonged use.
    Trying to target certain areas to expedite fat loss in those areas doesn’t work. You just have to keep a weekly calorie deficit and have patience
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,886 Member
    My guess is treadmill. Elliptical will burn calories faster but you'll do the treadmill longer. It depends on you and a lot of factors but track your calorie burn. Your body will go for that stomach fast eventually.
    Neither matter if calorie deficit isn't correct. Fat is lost systematically throughout the body and where it's lost last is based on genetics. For many it's usually going to be the belly area.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 40 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tomcustombuilder
    That’s the really annoying thing about fat - it never comes off where you want. When I lower calories my body chooses to ignore the tummy fat, the cellulite on the legs and the fat on my thighs. It goes straight from the little I have on my boobs. “Nope - we don’t want all that other stuff - we’ll just take the boobs thanks” 🤷‍♂️
    lol

Life isn’t fair!
  • LoganBennett715
    LoganBennett715 Posts: 29 Member
    The treadmill is great, but right now there are many advanced treadmills available which could be very helpful for belly fat loss.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,452 Member
    The treadmill is great, but right now there are many advanced treadmills available which could be very helpful for belly fat loss.

Enlighten me. I'm just getting back to the gym.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member

I'm curious: What features does an advanced treadmill have that would make it more helpful for belly fat loss than any other treadmill?

Is it the subscription video/online classes, coaching or entertainment features built into the new ones simply being (in theory) more motivating?
  • tomcustombuilder
    The type of machine doesn’t matter. Do the one you hate the least or enjoy the most.

They both have advantages
  • John772016
    John772016 Posts: 130 Member

I'm picturing a 'belly belt' that shakes off the unwanted fat. B/S but entertaining at least.
    You cannot target fat loss, not even an 'advanced' treadmill can do that.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I remember belly belts. They might not have done much for bellies, but they entertained for hours when I was about 10.