20 llbs or less - Better to do HIIT Training

Options
I just read somewhere that if you have 20 lbs or less to loss it is better to do HIIT Cardio for 30 minutes or less than doing say a 50 min cardio workout because if you do over 30 minutes you start to lose muscle.

I thought I would ask your opinon as I have never heard this but thought it was interesting cause I cant seem to lose my last 15 pounds and have been the same weight for 3 yrs and I work out 5-6 days a week.

Replies

• sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have been doing HIIT for about 3 weeks and just this week saw some results. Though I do have more than 20 pounds to lose I think it's. Good workout for everyone. I am following the plan on losebellyfatworkout.com and it does say that you can walk longer but the key is walk (in your fat burning zone).
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I have 80 lbs total to lose and I've been doing 2-3 HIITs a week every other month.
  • sweettoughness
    sweettoughness Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I LOVE doing HIIT training. Personally I find I get a better work out then doing 50-60 min of straight cardio.
  • SportySpiceVT
    SportySpiceVT Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    can someone explain what HIT is? I have been at a plateau for the past month and am struggling to lose my last 15 too!
  • Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    can someone explain what HIT is? I have been at a plateau for the past month and am struggling to lose my last 15 too!

I believe it is high intensity interval training
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I think it's good to change up whatever it is. Just doing cardio won't help you build muscles. Also I find the treadmill and the other machines limiting. It doesn't really teach you anything.

At least change up your cardio. Try jump rope. People think it's a kid's thing. Try to do it for 2-3 min straight and get back to me. :)
  • sheilarosella
    sheilarosella Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    your body gets use to whatever you do...cardio alone is not enough weights also should be done, but whatever you do you must change it up every 4 to 6 weeks to keep the body guessing...High intervals are a great way to go...burn more calories after workout than steady cardio even though their is a place for both
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    HIIt training is like the modern day circuit training....I used to do circuit traing in my teens and trust me no better way of shifting the pounds................go with it, (also makes the exercise less boring)