Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

LESS Alcohol ~ SEPTEMBER 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 1,092 Member
    @shorepine very true about the wine industry; and I actually think it's true of the liquor industry also. The beer gang is a little different as they appeal to your sense of fun and excitement more than trying to appear sophisticated, but same underlying tactic - make people think they need that product in order to fit in with whatever group.
    @SurferGirl1982 I get why you might not want to post intentions - I sometimes shy away from doing that also. I don't like to set specific intentions and goals only to not do them and then be disappointed with myself. And not just for drinking, for exercise, snacking, etc. I've been setting an intention to start a meditation practice for months now and have yet to start :D I try to do more general goals, especially with drinking, I want to keep my monthly AF days at roughly 50% of the month (I used to drink daily, so that's cutting it in half). That way I don't put too much pressure on myself for any particular day. I know for some people specific goals are wonderful, so I guess it depends on the person.
    @KarinSanden welcome to this very friendly and supportive group, and congrats on you AF days!
    @globalhiker thank you for the insights into tapering and cycling. I've done the cycling thing, and it's true - after a few months AF you do think you're "fixed".
    @womona I have a love-hate relationship with food tracking. I hate the time it takes to do it, but love how I can see my calorie count for each day and make changes the next day to better my results.
  • SurferGirl1982
    SurferGirl1982 Posts: 178 Member
    xbowhunter wrote: »

One of my reasons to want to quit all together is the $.
    Here in Canada a case of 24 beers is almost $60.00 now and a good bottle of wine is over $20.00. Now hard liquor like a 750 of whisky is around $40.00. That's good money being peed to the wind for no good reason!!

Wow! I couldn't quote you prices of beer and wine right now. But I think the 750 ml bottle of Black Velvet is $11.95 (no sales tax in Oregon). I haven't bought a 750 ml bottle since the end of July or the beginning of August. So, I guess I have cut down some 🙂
  • SurferGirl1982
    @SparkSpringtime69 I think it's best for me to just read the posts and post my days from time to time. But not announce my intentions ahead of time. It just causes a big let down. When I decided to cave last night, I actually felt bad because I had told @chicbuc that I was going to be AF that night. She was going to try to do the same. I felt like I was letting her down.

The newest phase with beer around here is that there are many small local brewers. I don't know much about beer. But I haven't tried one that I've liked yet. I think a lot of them are IPAs. I guess they're popular...but not for me!

When I go across the street to gamble, I buy Amber Bock. I'm not a beer drinker. But they're not bad!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 549 Member
    @SurferGirl1982 Girl...you are never letting me down!! We're all on the same path and none of us are perfect!
  • SurferGirl1982
    Thanks @chicbuc 🙂
  • SurferGirl1982
    @xbowhunter I wasn't able to watch the whole podcast. But I saved it to YouTube. I don't know if I can watch parts of it and resume where I left off? I've have the attention span of a rock 😁

So, you're going for the full 90 days? Sounds good! I hope to be able to join you soon 🙂