LESS Alcohol ~ SEPTEMBER 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 1,144 Member
    @NonnieDoiron ohh, so happy for you that hubby wants to help pay, new ink is always so exciting.
  • SurferGirl1982
    SurferGirl1982 Posts: 247 Member
    edited September 19
    @forestdweller1 I can't imagine our liquor store delivering. Our store usually only has two people working at a time.

Do you have actual liquor stores in PA? Or just delivery? I would imagine there would be a minimum order for delivery?

I had a friend that had MS and got to where she was having trouble caring for herself. So, her brothers went to CA and kidnapped her (her words) and brought her to Idaho. The stores are state-run there too. She complained because she was a smoker and she had to go to the liquor store for alcohol and another store for smokes.

Our liquor stores sell hard liquor, beer, cigarettes, soft drinks, mixers and minimal snacks (I never really noticed wine). One store where I lived even sold lottery tickets. My main problem is the hours. They do vary by location. But, ours is only open 9am-7pm (M-Sat) and 11am-5pm on Sundays. I think 9am to 9pm, 7 days a week would be more appropriate. And being closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter...come on! It takes me a week to recover after the holidays because I have to stock up. I hope I won't be drinking this TG 🤔