New to glp-1 love any tasty ideas?

Love any tips on how to get the protein when on the glp1and great on the go ideas. Like great tasting bars or protein powder you love. Also easy prepared items
Tagged:

Replies

• JojoOHa
    JojoOHa Posts: 1 Member
    Protein yoghurt pouches are good. Thick and tasty, 25g of protein and just over 100 calories. If you like squash, clear whey is also really good, or vanilla protein powder made up as directed and added to ice and coffee with sugar free syrup for a high protein iced coffee.
  • emetyb01
    emetyb01 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey Allison
    I just started MJ last Friday and as far as shakes , I love the premier protein Café latte… It is delicious… I prefer in the bottle as opposed to the cardboard box they put it in also definite difference in taste…
    I’m just starting out so I don’t have a lot of info
    Hoping to meet like minded ppl here to share story and info , recipes, etc.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,171 Member
    Real whole foods are tasty, maybe try those :# .
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,837 Member
    There are lots of protein sources in the spreadsheet this thread links:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also

The spreadsheet is in order by most protein for fewest calories. Find foods you like on that spreadsheet that have good protein, eat more of those, less of something else that isn't helping you meet your goals.

I don't think nutritional needs or other dietary requirements would be different on GLP-1 drugs compared with people pursuing weight loss in other ways, other than the cases where the drugs reduce appetite enough that it's useful to focus on less-filling foods. (Other people pursuing weight loss through non-drug/non-surgical means often need to find very-filling foods.) We all need adequate protein, for example.

In that sense, I think you might get useful ideas from reading threads/articles aimed at helping anyone get solid nutrition (while eating tasty foods) when on reduced calories.

To be clear, nothing in this post should be taken as criticizing GLP-1 drugs at all, just saying you'd have very much in common with others here losing weight, except maybe differences in appetite. If the drugs are helping you succeed, I think that's great!