Give me your easiest low cal recipes

Options
UsedToBeHusky
UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
I want to change up my diet a little bit. I eat out way too much. But I just don't like cooking. Sometimes I'll throw down, but for the average day. I'm usually just wanting to relax when I get home. What are some of your easiest recipes?

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Nobody???
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Easiest? I sometimes eat lettuce that I shred by hand, and 1 slice of deli meat that i shred by hand. Personally, I like it
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    You mean like a lettuce wrap?
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I put a chicken breast in the George Formen grill. I don't have to do much to it for about 20 minutes when i cut it in half (to make sure the inside is done), turn it over and put bar b que sauce on it and cook for another litle bit...I like mine really done.

I cut up cucumbers, onions and radishes for a salad. Chicken breast and salad ..yummy.

I, also, make a bit skilliet of brown rice with tomatoes and veggies on Sunday, divide into bowls for the week so I don't have to cook it during the week.
  • _Ben
    Options
    Moreso just a salad (with only lettuce) and ham. But sometimes I make lettuce wraps using the same ingredients
  • _Ben
    Options
    Also, if you like crab, its the easiest thing in the world to cook. Slice up some potatoes and throw them in a large pot, then add the crab to boiling water. Wait 20 min, and you are done
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've started getting a lot of stuff off of skinnytaste.com, most of her recipes are pretty down to earth and simple.
  • kcwonder
    kcwonder Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I refer to this recipe as ghetto meals on the go!

My Ghetto Quesadilla

2 Ole Extreme Wellness Tomato Basil Tortillas
    2 Slices of Sargento Natural Pepper Jack Deli Style Monterey Jack Cheese

3 Tbsp Newman's Own Black Bean and Corn Salsa (Side Item)
    3 Tbsp Daisy Light Sour Cream (Side Item)

Low-Low/Medium heat both sides of tortillas in pan.
    Place slices of cheese on one heated tortilla; place other heated tortilla on top of exposed cheese.
    Heat one side 30 sec. Heat other side 30 sec. Done.
    Use Salsa and Sour Cream as dip for Quesadilla.

Calorie Total for Quesadilla: 436 calories; 45 carb; 24 fat; 36 protein; 5 sugar. If you are watching sodium, this recipe might be too high: 1033 sodium.

My Ghetto Personal Pizza

Arnold's Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins
    2 slices of Great Value Mozzarella Cheese
    1/2 cup of Pasta Sauce (My Essentials - Four Cheese Blend)

Preheat oven to 425
    Separate Sandwich thin into two crusts. Place slice of cheese on each bread.
    Place 1/4 cup of pasta sauce on top of each cheese/bread.
    Put in oven for 7-10 minutes (depends on oven). Done.

Can also put other toppings such as mushrooms, slice of ham, slice of turkey, etc.

Calorie Total for Personal Pizza: 380 calories; 24 carbs; 23 fat; 27 protein; 2 sugar; If you are watching sodium, this recipe might be too high: 860 sodium.
  • If I need a fast dinner, I have a Boca All-American burger with tomato slices and basil (the chopped kind in the tube) on a whole wheat sandwich thin, some fruit, and maybe sweet potato fries. Delicious :)
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    stiry fry together chopped chicken breast,onions peppers,mushrooms in olive oil. Season to taste YUMMY
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like making foil packet meals. You can bake them in the oven (425°) or put them on the grill - no clean up

Taco Chicken: chicken breast, salsa, taco seasoning & cheese

Sweet and Sour Chicken: chicken breast, sweet and sour sauce, peppers, onions and pineapple chunks

Burger and veggie packs (Boy Scout Dinners) : Lean hamburger patty, sliced potatoes, carrots, celery & onion.
  • chanson104
    Options
    I love using Ziplock Zip and Steam bags. I just throw in some chicken breast or salmon, and broccoli and/or carrots usually some sort of seasoning like garlic and throw them in the microwave for a few minutes. Super healthy, yummy, and easy!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    When I don't feel like actually cooking, I like to chop up 1 large tomato, 1/2 cucumber, 1 serving baby carrots (about 18), and add in 1.5 servings reduced fat feta, 3 tbsp McCormick Salad Toppins (love the crunch), and 4 tbsp fat free italian dressing. It's a BIG bowl of food for just under 300 calories and I find it very tastey. If you want even fewer calories, you can omit or reduce the feta (1 serving is 60 cal so my 1.5 servings is 90 cal) or reduce or omit the Salad Toppins (3 tbsp = 79 cal). You could also add in some grilled chicken for added protein (or replace the feta if you want more protein but still close to 300 cal). I like the Tyson frozen grilled & ready filets b/c they are ready in the microwave in under 3 minutes. You can go cheaper (and probably less sodium) with fresh chicken but I love the convenience.
  • CCLadyBug
    Options
    :smile: I love the Birds Eye Voila frozen meals in a bag. It's sooo easy and most are only about 200 calories for 1 cup (cooked). I usually eat 1-1/2 cups (300 cals.) I work 10 hour days and am tired when I get home. These have protein, pasta or potato, and veggies all in a bag. Voila!
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I've started getting a lot of stuff off of skinnytaste.com, most of her recipes are pretty down to earth and simple.

MMMM that looks like a great site!
  • ocarinaoftimid
    Options
    This is probably one of my favorite (and easiest) meals when I've got to make something quick: Spicy tilapia fillet served on a bed of rice and a side of steamed veggies.

-Ocean Jewel 4oz frozen tilapia fillet (I get mine from Food Lion)

Make sure it's thawed before you try cooking.

Drizzle a bit of olive oil on a pan, coat the fillet with flour then throw it on the stove. For seasoning, use lemon pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes if you like your fish spicy :D

Let it cook for 3-5 minutes on each side depending on whether you like it a bit blackened or not. It'll start to smell smokey which is normal, just means the fillet's getting a nice crispy coat.

In another pot boil some water and make 1/2 cup of instant white rice (adding chicken stock will give it a bit more flavor)

Steam 2 cups broccoli/any other kind of vegetable on stovetop

The result is a 15-20 minute dinner that's healthy, filling, inexpensive, and delicious :)

Calories: 350
    Total Fat: 2g
    Saturated Fat: 0g
    Cholesterol: 56mg
    Sodium: 64mg
    Carbs: 45g
    Fiber: 7g
    Sugars: 0g
    Protein: 30g