*FRESH START!* Weigh-in Wednesdays through New Year's Day, 2025!

13»

Replies

• andiedmonds
    andiedmonds Posts: 14 Member
    Hi all, well I was up almost a pound yesterday. 169.2 boohoo. I know where I went wrong though. Was a busy, stressful week and I was doing a bit of emotional eating and maybe even a few drinks! LOL. Not a lot of time to food prep either, which means I am prone to make poor choices when I'm hungry and in a hurry.

I did hit my goal for steps most days though, and I'm getting quicker on the stairs so that's a win. We can't be perfect all the time.

Good job Laurie!🤝 Don't sweat it Carole...every day is a new beginning! 🤩

Cheers everyone!
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 254 Member
    Thanks Andrea!
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,701 Member
    A day late in reporting. I too have had a stressful week. Good and bad stress. The scale did not move. But bad habits have been coming back in my life...like not keeping a diary of what I consume, social media at 3 am in the morning, not getting on the treadmill. Glad to see the positive comments from this group. Today is a new day.
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 542 Member
    Woo-HOO Laurie! That's a LOT for one week! 🏆 You are will on your way to 15!

Hi everyone,

Posting a day late. Well, my weight did go down a bit. This morning the scale said 156.6. I will post stats here and again on January 1st because the new year is 15 weeks from yesterday!

09/11: 158.0
    09/19: 156.6
    WK LOSS: 1.4
    TL LOSS : 1.4

DAY ONE OF MY 15-WEEK COUNTDOWN:
    gt9c0lf7w5hi.png
    Have a nice night and best wishes for the weekend!
    🩷 Carole

• LauriePar
    Thanks Carole! I just keep on day by day!! Looking forward to see how much I’ll lose by January 1st! Day 24 for me today. I lost 1 more pound, so just 1.3 til I hit 10 pounds gone.
  • andiedmonds
    Happy Sunday, everyone!

OMG...only 15 weeks to 2025. That's crazy...where has the year gone?!

WTG Laurie and Carole. Slow and steady.👍🤩

I continue with walking and try to get my steps in as much as I can. Weather and daylight will soon start to work against that, but I have a plan to do some indoor walking which I can do without a treadmill.

I'm also going to do some food prep for the week today. A good brekkie I like is 1 whole egg, 1/4 to 1/2 cup egg white, tomatoes, spinach and 15 grams of feta. I like to add some hot sauce and S&P too.

Have a great week ladies. Will try and be on time for weigh in Wednesday this week. HaHa

Cheers!😃🚶‍♀️
    Andrea
  • LauriePar
    For weigh in Wednesday, I’ve lost 3.7 pounds this week. Only 1 eating out this week- that helps me keep on track to eat as much at home as I can- but would never give up lunch with my daughter! ❤️ I challenged myself to show up everyday for 30 days and I’m 28 days in.

SW 224.3
    CW 213.3
    GW 160
  • LauriePar
    7ornp6w5sevh.jpeg
  • LauriePar
    We got to babysit our new grandson on Saturday. This is my husband holding him. Just another reason to lose weight and be healthy!
  • Lynn__W
    Lynn__W Posts: 1,015 Member
    Carole, so happy I found your challenge; would love to join it. Although I retired five years ago I returned to the workforce a year later, but now work at a Sr Assisted living facility 3 days/week. Wednesdays are the 1st day off of my 4 off so it's I've often considered Wednesday as my Reset / Restart day. I work as a server and often our cooks make the most delicous foods that prove too tempting to resist, hence the need to ReSet every Wednsday.
    I have 30 lbs to lose but will focus on 5 at a time. My goal is to eliminate wt gains from week to week.

Wed Sept 25th: 174.8

• Bemybestby60
    edited September 26
    I weigh in every Wednesday but get time to post it on Thursday. Still no movement stuck at 192lbs. Same song since I hit my 50's. My body gets use to a certain weight and won't budge until something clicks and off goes some pounds. Then the whole process starts over again. I got a golf game in, treadmill once and I have logged my meals.
    Have an awesome week Wednesday weigh-ins 😎
  • Walela617
    Hi everyone,

Happy weekend, happy Fall 🍂and welcome to Lynn and all new members!

It's so annoying, after I enter a lot of text, if I scroll up too far it exits the board and I have to start all over again! This is the third time...

Thanks for posting the adorable picture of your husband and grandson Laurie! WOW, you lost a LOT last week! Wish I could say the same - I actually went UP a pound, to 157.6. (So Bemybestby60, at least you're maintaining!)

Andrea, thanks for sharing that breakfast recipe! Sounds DELICIOUS - I'm definitely going to try it!

I will check back in on Wednesday, when we will be in OCTOBER, can you believe it?

Have a great weekend! 💞
  • cb5508
    cb5508 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello! I would love to join your challenge if it’s not too late. I’ve been stuck and keep losing focus. This seems like a great group! If I can lose 8-10lbs by the end of the year I’ll be thrilled. I have a lot further to go, but that’s a positive start and hopefully realistic goal. I’m nervous to even step on the scale, but I’ll do it Wednesday!
  • Walela617
    edited September 28
    Good morning! Not too late at all! It's never too late to make a fresh start! WELCOME!💗

About "being stuck and losing focus", I hear ya! I've been in the same boat for weeks now and I've GOT to get back on track!

Wednesday is thirteen weeks before New Year's Day; so if you just average one pound down per week, you can lose 13 pounds by then! It's a tricky time to start (holiday season, colder weather, etc.), but I'm sure you can do it!

I will look for your post on Wednesday (October 2nd)!

Best wishes, Carole 🦋
  • andiedmonds
    Hi everyone,

I'm late to post, but it's been a heck of a week. Sorry about that.

Currently scale says 167.9. Down a few ounces. But I've also been cheating a bit. I think if it wasn't for walking, the scale would read a bit higher. Haha

Lovely Pic of your grand baby and hubby, Laurie. Thanks for sharing.

Bemybest...the thing that matters most is you're trying and it's not steadily going up. Don't beat yourself up.🫠

Thanks for putting it that way, Carole. It does make the goal seem more reasonable.

You're right though, the holiday season will make it hard. I've been trying to think how to manage that one. The only thing I can think of is I will need to compensate with walking and stairs because I'm not so good at dieting while socializing! LOL

Well, have a good day everyone. Will do my best to pop in on Wednesday. 😃

Andrea
  • LauriePar
    For today’s weigh in Wednesday, I have lost 1 pound this week, for a total of 12 pounds lost in my first 5 weeks. I hope everyone had a good week! Happy Wednesday! 😀😀

SW 224.3
    CW 212.3
    GW 160
  • Bemybestby60
    LauriePar wrote: »
    For today’s weigh in Wednesday, I have lost 1 pound this week, for a total of 12 pounds lost in my first 5 weeks. I hope everyone had a good week! Happy Wednesday! 😀😀

SW 224.3
    CW 212.3
    GW 160

👌 Awesome 👏 Great accomplishment
  • Bemybestby60
    Well so far for maintaining. Up a pound. A bad week for discipline. Counted my calories but no work outs other than a game of golf.