Weekly accountability and reflection

13»

Replies

• 4rnvqs5dwd
    4rnvqs5dwd Posts: 3 Member
    Almost 3 weeks since my last post. Pools are closed but I I’ve been doing a 30 minute cardio and strength workout. Down 10 lbs in that time. I’ve also started something crazy 2 days ago. 100 pushups and 100 sit-ups a day for 30 days. Today is day 3 and I’m sooooooo sore in the tummy and the boobies. Hopefully by day 30 I’ll be able to do them both non stop. Lots of work for that to happen
  • TheRusticRebel
    TheRusticRebel Posts: 34 Member
    edited September 22
    Last week: 183.6
    This week: 182.2
    Down 1.4

Just keeping at it food-wise. Still no excersize. I have alllll kinds of excuses. I need to just start something. Even 5 minutes a daay. Just to get it going.

How y'all doing?

@cbreck848 @Dreamroper @lyneahb @4rnvqs5dwd @sollyn23l2 @annahops @achefling @lruch17 @fiddletime @jess2023mac @baroncarmen
  • cbreck848
    cbreck848 Posts: 11 Member
    143 up.8

I just keep bobbing around this spot. Have been for the last two years.

I can see why, just having a hard time making consistent changes.

My work as a teacher is utterly exhausting. It takes all of my energy. So I need to wake up to intentionally exercise before work or it won’t happen. I did it one day this week.

I also had some emotional eating when I wasn’t really hungry as a way to “get something for myself” after feeling so resentful about giving my all to my job and kids.

I’m working on both, just not there yet.

Gotta try something new to get a new result.
  • JMC1448
    JMC1448 Posts: 1 Member
    Just started back with Myfitnesspal after a hiatus.
    I am 174 lbs. Goal is currently 160 for now.
    I am logging my food and exercising so I am expecting steady progress. My most difficult time is the evenings (impulse control is low) and drinking enough water.
  • Lulabelbo
    Lulabelbo Posts: 5 Member
    Hope its ok to post this here. This group keeps me accountable and is fun so I thought maybe some would like to look into it. I started the 5% challenge winter 2024 at 161 lbs.and just reached 152.9. I never reached the 5% during the 10 weeks but was able to stay motivated and accountable for the year.
    Not taking anything away from this group which is great but just thought some might want to check out the 5% group.

2024 5% Fall Challenge Community Team! We Would Love to Have You Join Us!

Please join this challenge and have fun as we lose 5% of our starting weight, improve our health, and make new friends. Race to Fascinating Places for 8-weeks! Now you can write your own success story! Have a chat or post questions in the Airport Lounge Discussion. Your friends are welcome too. The challenge start date is October 12! Heidi, (hicim705) will be sharing some pre-challenge activities starting soon.
  • TheRusticRebel
    cbreck848 wrote: »
    143 up.8

I just keep bobbing around this spot. Have been for the last two years.

I can see why, just having a hard time making consistent changes.

My work as a teacher is utterly exhausting. It takes all of my energy. So I need to wake up to intentionally exercise before work or it won’t happen. I did it one day this week.

I also had some emotional eating when I wasn’t really hungry as a way to “get something for myself” after feeling so resentful about giving my all to my job and kids.

I’m working on both, just not there yet.

Gotta try something new to get a new result.

I have to give so much credit to.teachers. yall have it tough. My dad is an elementary teacher for 30+ years, my mom is a retired teacher and my little bro is a middle school teacher. That bug did not bite me. I can barely handle my own kiddo, who im homeschooling. He has special needs and goes to various therapies m-f about 30 hours total a week. My state has only days attended and not hours for his age group thankfully.
  • 4rnvqs5dwd
    4rnvqs5dwd Posts: 3 Member
    Hello everyone. Well….. day 8 of my 100 push up and sit up challenge. Definitely not taking as long and muscles don’t ache as much but still not close to either exercise straight through. I haven’t weighed myself but my pants and shirts are definitely looser. My wife tells me that my tummy is not sticking out like it was. Got to get into speed-o shape…… LOL….NOT
  • TheRusticRebel
    4rnvqs5dwd wrote: »
    Hello everyone. Well….. day 8 of my 100 push up and sit up challenge. Definitely not taking as long and muscles don’t ache as much but still not close to either exercise straight through. I haven’t weighed myself but my pants and shirts are definitely looser. My wife tells me that my tummy is not sticking out like it was. Got to get into speed-o shape…… LOL….NOT

I cant even do a single push up much less 100! Wow!
  • TheRusticRebel
    Last week: 182.2
    This week: 179.6
    Down 2.6lbs

I expect to have a gain after this. I did eat way under my calorie goals this weekend because of Helene. We were without power for almost 2 days. We had our generator going but cooking was limited to.an electric skillet, the grill and crockpot. Pretty much anything i eat needs to be cooked. So i did very minimal snacking. And only ate at meals. I didnt even track.to be honest. We were very lucky as our home and property were relatively undamaged. We lost a tree and a couple branches but cleanup was not difficult. So many lost everything and we are cery grateful.
  • cbreck848
    cbreck848 Posts: 11 Member
    141.6. Down 1.4. This is the lowest I’ve been in the last 10 weeks! My partner was here visiting which oddly enough helped me not emotional eat as much.

I also made sure to drink more water and pack more veggies for work. I even ran before work one day and then we went on a hike this weekend.

Usually my weight buoys back up after a successful week…self sabotage. But I’d like to keep getting stronger. This week my goal is to do add in another day of exercise before work.
  • kylemarakovits239
    kylemarakovits239 Posts: 49 Member
    Hey sollyn23l2 how are you doing today do you have any fun plans for this week I am switching to dairy free starting tomorrow morning please wish me luck please feel free to send me a direct message please now please
  • TheRusticRebel
    cbreck848 wrote: »
    141.6. Down 1.4. This is the lowest I’ve been in the last 10 weeks! My partner was here visiting which oddly enough helped me not emotional eat as much.

I also made sure to drink more water and pack more veggies for work. I even ran before work one day and then we went on a hike this weekend.

Usually my weight buoys back up after a successful week…self sabotage. But I’d like to keep getting stronger. This week my goal is to do add in another day of exercise before work.

Whoo hoo!
  • kylemarakovits239
    Same here I need to loose weight
  • kylemarakovits239
    Same here guys and hey