How to manage food noise/staying motivated.

So for years I’ve been on and off with my restrictions and overindulgences, but as of late, it’s just been overindulging, how do I manage that? And also motivation, how do I stay motivated, it’s literally the hardest part of losing weight, the mental strength it takes to lose hundreds of pounds is something I don’t know if I’m necessarily built for, but I’m only 21 years old, and one baconater closer to 400 pounds, any tips?

Replies

• Starving4greatness
    Starving4greatness Posts: 2 Member
    I’ve heard so many things “you don’t want it enough.” “You’re too lazy” and it’s not helpful, I want it, I’ve always wanted it, but it’s not that easy.

Mental hunger is the worst.
  • Bloodroot11
    Bloodroot11 Posts: 6 Member
    Mental hunger is the worst.

Agreed! Your gut and brain are connected in ways we just don't realize unless explored. Sugar, empty carbs, and processed foods will "talk" to you in a siren voice. Shut them up!

It's hard enough to tell ourselves to be better without someone (or something) else whispering in our ears.

Do you allow yourself to suffer toxic people? Then do not allow yourself to suffer toxic foods, either!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,738 Member
    I'm sorry that you're struggling, but you've made a good first step! You're also young, so I'm guessing you didn't have good examples of proper diet and nutrition growing up (I apologize if I'm wrong) which is not your fault, so now you need to educate yourself.

Did you input your information here to get at least a daily calorie goal? Can you start with small goals, such as drinking more water and taking daily walks?