Moms with toddlers trying to lose?

Options
I would like to add mom buddies on MFP who are trying to lose old baby weight meaning your child is two or even 3 and 4 years old. I read and article in Redbook Magazine that mothers of children eat approximately 300 extra calories a day than women without kids. Well that is definitely me. Anyone else?

Replies

• Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's true, I will always pick off their plates, kind of raised on a clean plate theory. I have a 4yr old, a 6&9yr olds as well so no shortage of leftovers here, baby weight leftover or food.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    My twins are almost 2. (not until December 20th.) I am currently doing Insanity (round two. -- I finish on Sunday) & have completed 1 round of p90x (doing a second round starting Oct.10th)!
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    Add me! My girl is 3 and I'm also a full-time student and single parent. We can support one another :)
  • angiecraine
    Options
    I'm pretty crazy about this weight loss thing, so I def don't eat any more cals than anyone else. But I can see how you could. Kids snack all the time and even if you grab an animal cracker or two, that could surely add up. I have two babies. My oldest is 3 and my youngest is 1. I have lost ALL my baby weight, including the weight that I still had when i got pregnant the second time. Now, I'm only 10lbs off of my IDEAL (medically healthy) weight. I hover between 125 and 130 and am soooooo ok with that!!! Now, I'm focused on keeping a healthy lifestyle, exercising, watching what I eat, fat loss, and toning. I love MFP. Can I be your friend? ;)
  • lenn32
    Options
    i am with you on that one i have 11, 9, and a 4 year old. have had extra baby weight sense my oldest and is looking to get back to where i was before the kids... i wish you all the luck in the world with your weight lose. add me if you like:flowerforyou:
  • maritimemom
    Options
    I have two daughters (9 & almost 4) and I definitely have a habit of picking food off their plates...especially the youngest as she eats like a bird. Something I'm working on. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    im in the same boat as you...i have two girls...one seven and the other will be four at the end of November...

i never lost the weight after my first child and then gained a whole lot more with my second...oh, and then even more after that...

i never eat off their plate...they have been told for the last year to throw your leftovers in the trash and put your plate/bowl in the sink...

i dont care if its wasting food or whatever it is...i dont need it and i do not want to eat it!

i also grew up with parents who told me to clean your plate but i have tried very had not to instill this in my kids since im sure that it has contributed to my overeating my entire life...
  • brittmiles07
    Options
    I have a 3 1/2 year old and one who will be 2 in December. I gained a ton of weight with both pregnancies, and since I was eating the kids' leftovers, etc., I gained even more. I'm finally losing though!
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have a 1 1/2 year old and I work about 32 hours a week. Sometimes it's hard to make it to the gym so I started 30ds 5 days ago. My son will get down and try to do the workouts with me sometimes... it's too cute.
  • Jenatello
    Jenatello Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old. Finally decided to stop being lazy and work all my baby weight off!

Gained 65lbs with my son and over 70lbs with my daughter. I had about 15lbs left to lose from my son when I got pregnant again. Now I have just over 40 to get rid of.
  • Jenatello
    Jenatello Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a 1 1/2 year old and I work about 32 hours a week. Sometimes it's hard to make it to the gym so I started 30ds 5 days ago. My son will get down and try to do the workouts with me sometimes... it's too cute.

My son does the same thing! haha And he'll start breathing heavily like he's working so hard to do everything I'm doing. lol
  • moniquelessard
    Options

Thats adorable and awesome, look at how you're teaching him that being fit can be fun. Well done! xo
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have an 11 year old, 9 year old and a 2 1/2 year old. I gained over 70 lbs with my first pregnancy. I lost the weight about 6 months after he was born but didn't keep it off long since I had bad eating habits. With my 2 girls I only gained about 22 lbs each pregnancy. I'm ready to finally get back to my pre pregnancy weight. Feel free to add me :) I need as much support as I can get to stay motivated.

Amber
  • Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have 4 boys - 10, 8, 3 and 2. I have lost most of my pregnancy and post pregnancy weight (FINALLY) and am about 3-5ish pounds away from my goal weight. There are several hard parts about being a mom and trying to be fit... throwing out unfinished food on their plates (it still gets me - I HATE wasting food, but if they won't eat it and it can't be saved as "leftovers", I can't eat it any more... I have to throw it away)... and finding that mandatory "me time" to exercise. The gym isn't an option for me, so like most of you I do exercise videos... and it's a cross between being fun with everyone joining me (and yes, the all seem to grunt when I grunt)... or everyone needs something while I'm working out... or everyone's crying/fighting, etc... sigh... today was a crying/fighting exercise day... fortunately I was doing kickboxing so I was able to get my frustrations out on that imaginary punching bag... (Current favorite kickboxing and all-around workout series...chris freytag, 10lb slimdown extreme - LOVE IT!!!!) Feel free to add me as a friend too... I need motivation and would love to motivate!