Just another newbie :)

Options
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to the site, and to serious efforts at losing some weight. While I've never been skinny, I have put on a lot of weight in the last year due to hypothyroidism. I had lofty dreams that treatment would mean the pounds would start dropping but that just ain't happenin'.

Anyway, I am making a serious, dedicated effort to losing some of this unhealthy weight and getting back in shape, one little baby step at a time. I'm hoping that joining a community will make it easier to stay motivated and keep the faith!

Look forward to chatting with you all!

Replies

• LessIsMore
    LessIsMore Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm brand new to the site, and to serious efforts at losing some weight. While I've never been skinny, I have put on a lot of weight in the last year due to hypothyroidism. I had lofty dreams that treatment would mean the pounds would start dropping but that just ain't happenin'.

Anyway, I am making a serious, dedicated effort to losing some of this unhealthy weight and getting back in shape, one little baby step at a time. I'm hoping that joining a community will make it easier to stay motivated and keep the faith!

Look forward to chatting with you all!
  • zeena06
    Options
    Hello,
    I too have hypothyrodism - it really hampers your weight loss - you have to work twice as hard.
    I'm hoping to be successfull as well and need to own up to things and I too am keeping my fingers crossed and my late night snacking to a minimum so I can at least lose the weight I've put on this past year as well.

Wish you best of luck, where are you from?
    Zeena06
  • LessIsMore
    Options
    Hi Zeena,

I live in South Africa, but am an American :) Glad to know there's someone else around who can relate to the hypothyroidism - the only real improvement I've seen since being diagnosed a month ago has been a significant increase in my appetite. Doesn't make that weight loss any easier!

Here's wishing both of us luck then!
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    I can't relate, but welcome you to the site! Good luck to the both of you:)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome welcome.

I have hashimotos and have found it very hard. Luckily as of late it hasn't affected my weightloss. I have found that taking a supplement that helps thyroid function helps me immensly and it gives me a boost of energy that I so often need. Best of luck with all the things your doing.

Eve
  • LessIsMore
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

:)