Feeling hungry again

Hi

Since I'm a sahm and had a hard time tracking my activity and I don't 'officially' work out...I set my calorie allotment for 1400 (this website rec 1290)
At first I was hungry but by making better choices and getting used to everything...I wasn't feeling good(full)
Over the past few days, I just can't seem to feel full...I've been eating lots of fiber, whole wheat, kashi waffles...(I'm not pms'ing)
DH has been home though and I've been doing more housework...

Just curious if anyone has experienced this...would you eat more..go over your cal. allotment?
Stick it out and hope it passes
So far I've lost 13 pounds in 1 1/2 mnths

Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi

Since I'm a sahm and had a hard time tracking my activity and I don't 'officially' work out...I set my calorie allotment for 1400 (this website rec 1290)
    At first I was hungry but by making better choices and getting used to everything...I wasn't feeling good(full)
    Over the past few days, I just can't seem to feel full...I've been eating lots of fiber, whole wheat, kashi waffles...(I'm not pms'ing)
    DH has been home though and I've been doing more housework...

Just curious if anyone has experienced this...would you eat more..go over your cal. allotment?
    Stick it out and hope it passes
    So far I've lost 13 pounds in 1 1/2 mnths

Kim
  • smalla
    smalla Posts: 11
    I am always hungry.

Small meals, more often, usually solves that. I eat 5-6 times per day (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, supper and sometimes a snack). Break up your calories so that your snacks are about 100 calories each and spread out the rest of your calories over your other meals.

Vegetables are filling - low in calories but give you the volume you need to feel full. Think I read somewhere that the rule of thumb for your plate should be 1/2 veggies, 1/4 carbs and 1/4 meat/protein.

Good luck - 13 pounds in 6 weeks is fantastic, by the way. Good for you!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Thanks so much
    I have been eating every 2 hrs...but small meals/snacks...
    I've been feeling like I want to sit down and eat one big/filling meal,..hope this passes...

Kim
  • julierose
    julierose Posts: 19 Member
    sometimes I find that I just have to give in to my urges in order to make them go away. I'm not doing as well as you (i've lost 7 pounds in 7 weeks - I have 13 more to go), but I've felt pretty good about my choices. Keep up the great work though!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    How much are you drinking? Drink a cup before you eat, one with, another after. That should trigger your stomach to feel full. And if the small meals are leaving you hungry, skip one or two and have a larger "sit-down" like you are craving!
  • smalla
    smalla Posts: 11
    One more thing...make sure you eat protein 'cause it'll make you feel full longer. Fruit & veggies are just carbs and the full feeling passes faster than if you've eaten protein (eggs, meat, PB, cheese, etc.) with your meal or snack. The water suggestion is good too.

P.S. One big meal may fill you up, but it may also slow down your metabolism. The purpose of eating small meals throughout the day is to keep your metabolism revving all day. If you eat one big meal instead of smaller ones, your metabolism isn't as efficient and won't work as hard to burn calories. I'm certainly no expert, but that's what I keep reading in magazines like Oxygen or any of my body-building books.