Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #10

Options

Replies

• angiemcnett
    Options
    Thank you for all the prayers for my son & me. I am back to normal. My son made a tiny bit of progress today but I guess it isn't enough for the doctors. They told my husband tonight if Ody doesn't start making real improvements that he may have to be permanently placed on a ventilator. We are going to have a meeting on Saturday with all the doctors to discuss everything. Please keep praying!!

JustJenn- My birthday was last Friday. I wanted Ody to come home for my birthday but I got to go see him which was my 2nd choice.

I did dance for 1 song today. :) Have a good night.
  • jiminyc
    jiminyc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Will definitely keep praying, Angie. Hoping for a big improvement in his condition before your meeting with doctors.

Hang in there.
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Just weighed in and down another Lbs
    so CW 225
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Angie,

Everything crossed and all my prayers for your son - I have never been in your position and gone through what you are but I have witnessed and supported families through similar situations (i worked as a paediatric cardiac nurse and a neonatal nurse) and have seen the stress and distress they have experienced. My thoughts are with you.

I'm doing well on the weight loss front this week - no give aways on how much but let's just say it will be more than the 1.5lb I need to lose each week to meet my christmas goal! Doing in excess of 600 calories burnt each day through 30 day shred and walking too!

Sarah
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Forgot it was Friday, so I'll hopefully remember to weigh in tomorrow. Not expecting a nice number because of not having exercised at all, all the steroids I'm on, and just having a really terrible week overall... :ohwell: I hope I start getting better soon, but last night I still had a 103.8 temperature from this stupid infection, my heartrate was still too high, and my breathing is still more difficult, so no measurable improvement yet....:frown:

Angie, still keeping Ody in my thoughts! :heart:
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    CW: 216.8

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. :smile:
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I was so proud yesterday. My first class was cancelled yesterday afternoon. So I had an hour and a half between work and my second class. I originally thought Yay a break, I can just go home and relax and hang out for a while, but then I thought no... this gives me an opportunity to work out. So when I got home 30 day shred level 2 was on demand so I did that instead of sitting. :) Then I did dishes. So I felt really accomplished and to make it feel worth it, this morning when I got up I have lost the 4 lbs. I gained over the past 2 weeks. So now I feel motivated.

Thanks for all the imput earlier regarding fitting exercise into my aweful schedule. Only 6.75 month til things are back to normal. Have a great Thursday everyone! Tomorrow is Friday!!!!!

I am so impressed!!!! That is FANTASTIC!! Just remember this schedule isn't forever. Keep taking advantage of the time you have and you will feel GREAT!

Luvmypj - You are super fantastic! Keep up the good work...I'm working hard to follow in your footsteps!
  • PositivePower
    Options
    Forgot it was Friday, so I'll hopefully remember to weigh in tomorrow. Not expecting a nice number because of not having exercised at all, all the steroids I'm on, and just having a really terrible week overall... :ohwell: I hope I start getting better soon, but last night I still had a 103.8 temperature from this stupid infection, my heartrate was still too high, and my breathing is still more difficult, so no measurable improvement yet....:frown:

Angie, still k eeping Ody in my thoughts! :heart:

WOW - you have to get better!!!!! Does the doctor offer any advise to help you stay on track? Meds and be so helpful and so awful all at the same time. I sure hope you are feeling better soon.
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    my weight last week was 291.6

Haven't weighed in this week yet.
    I've been a very bad girl lately so don't really WANT to see what my weight is this week. :sad:
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the prayers for my son & me. I am back to normal. My son made a tiny bit of progress today but I guess it isn't enough for the doctors. They told my husband tonight if Ody doesn't start making real improvements that he may have to be permanently placed on a ventilator. We are going to have a meeting on Saturday with all the doctors to discuss everything. Please keep praying!!

JustJenn- My birthday was last Friday. I wanted Ody to come home for my birthday but I got to go see him which was my 2nd choice.

I did dance for 1 song today. :) Have a good night.

Sorry to hear your son has not made as much progress as you had hoped! I will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you both X Much love X :heart:
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Weighing in on Sunday this week if that's ok as i use the scales at work and am not in till then X
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hellloooooo Alllllll!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Sorry I wasn't on earlier but I totally forgot I was in a training all day today so I am away from my computer. The funny part, I was late for a Time Management training :laugh: OOPS!!!

I see the weigh-in's have already begun and so has my tracking YAY :happy:

SunnyDenise-There's still time!!! DO NOT GIVE UP!!!

nevermorex - Keep fighting whatever that infection is, do what you can to get yourself better!!! We're here for you... :flowerforyou:

Angie - As always... :flowerforyou:
  • PositivePower
    Options
    Gosh I don't think I should be posting to you today! During the morning I have written 3 long posts and accidently erased them all. Then I highlighted my first sentence just now on accident and it erased:explode: :explode: This laptop is the best thing I have ever gotten, but it has it's touchy issues.

Anyway Happy Friday Friends! I am sending wishes of good health and big losses!!!! If you are struggling PLEASE stay in the game!!!! It will come I promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have some good things to report :wink:

I am challenged alittle which I hate to say!!!! As you know I love to focus on the positive. Are any of you on the mentopause train?? I have been having signs here and there but maybe I have just bought a ticket!!!!! This week I have not felt like myself. Yes I have had stress but I feel in control and calm about that. I have been light headed and close to fainting, pressure in my head, burning hot face and hot flashes, and alittle nausas. The worst light headed spell I had I was DRIVING on the freeway!!! I was able to exit and rest, drink water and regroup. I am eating and drinking water, BP is OK. I have made an appt with my doctor but cant' see her for 2 weeks. I have lots of work next week and can't be feeling crappy! I also have to keep up with my workouts. I am on a roll and need to keep this positive habit! I rested the day of the big spell. Yesterday I had another one, I skipped my gym workout since that instructor would have killed me, but I took a 2.5 mile walk with big hills to burn some calories.

I have a couple more stories but will check in later. I don't want to take up a whole page by giving you a novel to read :ohwell:

GOOD NEWS - CW 186.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3.9# loss

See if you stick to it no matter what it will work!!!!!!!! You can do it.... I want to follow in luvmyjp's footsteps!

Let's go!!!!!! Back to work for me
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hey Positive Power - yep, I have a ticket on the menop train too. I may have gotten the half-fare because things haven't been really bad (yet). I hope I have a loss like that with MY ticket :wink:
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Jenn & PositivePower, thank you. I'm trying. I'm headed back to the hospital tomorrow AM because I can't keep my fever down at all. An infection + being immunocompromised is a nightmare. :ohwell: I have a busy, busy week with school and work next week so I need to be functional!
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Jenn & PositivePower, thank you. I'm trying. I'm headed back to the hospital tomorrow AM because I can't keep my fever down at all. An infection + being immunocompromised is a nightmare. :ohwell: I have a busy, busy week with school and work next week so I need to be functional!

PLEASE PLEASE take care......... maybe a dose of IV antibiotics is all you need. Oh, and rest - but you won't get that in the hospital!
  • abjedi
    abjedi Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    CW 192.8. Loss of 1 pound... Yippee!!
    I ate terrible today, not sure why but it happened and tomorrow I get back
    On track.. Hopefully my hubby does not encourage not so healthy eating... Some times I swear he does not want me to loos weight... Love him with all my heart!! But sometime he hinders my diet... Oh well no excuses!!! Back on track tomorrow!! Yes I will do this...
    I have about 10 pounds to make my CCC goal and I would actually like to loose closer to 13... That would be a big mark for me I'd be back to pre-pregnancy weight... Wow can't wait!!
    Hope all is well and or looking up for everyone!!! Prayers to you all!!!
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    WI of 223.7 loosing it slow and steady! Ok gotta get my head around another assignment.
    Good luck to everyone else for their weigh in!
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    CW: 7.0

Down: 2.4

That's what I'm talking about. :laugh: :happy: :laugh: :happy:
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm 134.4 today whoooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! under my very first actual goal!!!!