October 2011-No late night/wise choice snacking

Options
Do you find yourself searching for something to snack on after dinner? Do you make healthy choices all day and right before bed you decide to go ahead and have a spoon or two of ice cream, a cookie, chips, etc.?

For some odd reason, this happens almost every night and you want it to STOP.

If this sounds like you, join us so we can support one another to beat late night snacking!

Take either dinner or a cut-off time to be the last time you eat for the day, after that time, you may have tea and water only.

Tally your progress daily for a monthly total.

For Example:
Me: 22 ~ LNS: 9

You may join at ANYTIME. You don’t have to be successful every day; you just have to do your best. We’re not perfect and we all have non-successful days but the goal is to NOT GIVE UP! And keep posting to help encourage the rest of us

Welcome

Replies

• Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'll join
  • 44longcopse
    44longcopse Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, thats what I do, I dont allow myself to eat after 6.00pm (we have early dinner) and I tick off on a diary sheet every time I manage this. This then gives me the incentive to do it again next day so that I get another tick. I try to clean my teeth after 6.00pm so that it makes me even less likely to eat after this time. Trouble with me is if I start I cant stop so this definately works for me. If on the odd ocassion I do allow myself something small I then think oh well you have eaten after 6 you might just as well have something else and it then normally turns into a binge.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I need this! Late night snacking is/has always been my downfall! I do great all day and then I screw it all up again. I work late every night so I'm giving myself until 8pm.
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Please I'd like to join. My cut off after dinner or if I still have remaining calories left a 200 calorie healthy something. None of the grazing baloney.... in Oct.

Me: 0 ~ LNS: 0
  • Ruthann2
    Options
    ME - 1
    LNS - 0
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Oct 1st

Me: 1 ~ LNS: 0
  • rachemn
    Options
    10/1

Me: 1 LNS: 0

Filled up on lots of lean protein for my last meal and drank hot tea when I got the urge to snack. My greatest victory: Not attacking my son's oatmeal butterscotch cookies! :smokin:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME 2
    LNS 0
  • rachemn
    Options
    Me: 2 LNS: 0

success! 2 nights in a row!!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Oct 2nd

Me: 2 ~ LNS: 0

I skipped the pumpkin muffins :noway: ... yikes it was hard!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 2* ~ LNS: 0

Looks Like Everyone is off to a great start! Great Job! :flowerforyou:
  • Ruthann2
    Options
    ME - 3
    LNS - 0
    I forgot to post last nite
  • rachemn
    Options
    :wink: Me: 3 LNS: 0

And now I'm drinking my tea and going to bed so I'm not tempted and have to change the score!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME 3
    LNS 0

I see we all have gotten into the groove. Keep it up!
  • kaylinite
    Options
    I'm in. my cut off time is 9pm but i don't really eat between the hours of 5-9pm making me very hungry after 9pm. I just have to plan my meals better lol.
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Oct 3rd

Me: 3 ~ LNS: 0

How many days does it take to make a habit? Good going everyone!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm in... My cut off will be 7:30pm... Starting today!...Oct 4th! :)
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 3* ~ LNS: 0
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Back from the short holiday (it was sooo nice to have some time away :wink:), happy to report:
    Me: 2 - LNS: 1

Not perfect, but I am ahead :smile: