freezing cold after working out

Options
During my workouts i get hot and i sweat and whatever but about 15 minutes after i become freezing cold to the point where i wear a sweatshirt and a housecoat. it takes me about 30-45 minutes to warm up - but not hot with all the clothes on. my face will stay flush for at least half an hour and its warm to touch.

is there something i could be missing that would cause this?

Replies

• rv40
    rv40 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an iron deficiency. You may want to visit your Dr.
  • GouletB
    GouletB Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I would like to hear answers for this because I have the same problem. My face doesn't stay hot but I have to take a steaming hot shower and put a sweat shirt on after just to get back to normal.
  • ncgingerich
    ncgingerich Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Could you be a little dehydrated?
  • rcrea
    rcrea Posts: 80
    Options
    I experience the same problem. I'm freezing (in FL!), shivering, and completely flushed in the face for an hour or so. I also get ice cold for a good 30-45 mins after I eat. Anyone??
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    That is how I've been all my life. I thought (still think.......I think?) that it's normal. The body temp goes up, but the air temp doesn't, so after we start to sweat and then cool down, the actual air temperature FEELS cold on our skin.
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options

i am supposed to take supplements but they hurt my stomach so much. i have wasted so much money buying iron that i only take 3 or 4 of before i quit because of the pain. but i didnt think this could be the cause of my post workout coldness :)
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    yup, I think it's normal too. I'm down here in S TX and I usually set the A/C to 80 when I wake up in the morning then run on the treadmill. After I finish, I have to turn off the ceiling fans because I'll be shivering. It takes me about 20-30min to even out my temp.
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options

i am supposed to take supplements but they hurt my stomach so much. i have wasted so much money buying iron that i only take 3 or 4 of before i quit because of the pain. but i didnt think this could be the cause of my post workout coldness :)

Actual iron pills are not very good for a lot of people. your body only absorbs 30% of the iron in the pill anyway.
    I recommend buying this green liquid stuff its liquid cholophill (and I suck at spelling) but basically the stuff plants make. It's green and mint. You take a tablespoon of two in a glass of water once a dat. Very gentle on your stomach and your body absorbs all of it.
    I tell my pregnant clients who have low iron to use this and all of them love it!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Actual iron pills are not very good for a lot of people. your body only absorbs 30% of the iron in the pill anyway.
    I recommend buying this green liquid stuff its liquid cholophill (and I suck at spelling) but basically the stuff plants make. It's green and mint. You take a tablespoon of two in a glass of water once a dat. Very gentle on your stomach and your body absorbs all of it.
    I tell my pregnant clients who have low iron to use this and all of them love it!

i second that, it really helped me when I was preggo
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options

thanks britt. i just looked it up on my online supplement store and its only 12 bucks for 94 servings! its on my list for my next order!