Using my period as an excuse to eat ****ty

Options
Does this happen to anyone else? How do you tell yourself it's really not a good excuse. It's the only time I want fried foods or ranch sauce :/

sorry, didn't realize swearing was a no no here and it would get censored.

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Post an unflattering pic of yourself, then rethink if that junk is somethin you really need.

fatfore.jpg

What would you rather be?
  • JanetTerry
    JanetTerry Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I saw on someone's status.... "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels!"
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    That's your only excuse? Jeesh, I had 1,000
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Just don't do it.
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    I imagine that piece of food like its pure lard / fat etc .... REALLY puts me off :-*
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    i get terrible cravings when its that time of the month...and just a few days before...

most of the month i dont have food cravings...but about three days before i get my period i want to eat chocolate bars, rich chocolate cake and Moose Tracks ice cream...notice a trend???

the worse thing is that if i do cave and eat...then i cant seem to stop and in the past have demolished an entire time of icecream in a few hours...

i try really hard now that ive lost so much weight to use more self control and to factor some extra sweets into my calorie count for the few days that i feel like this...granted it doesnt always work but i do make the effort...
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The bigger dude DOES look happier, the skinny dude looks depressed. If I HAD to pick I would say the big dude :)
    Post an unflattering pic of yourself, then rethink if that junk is somethin you really need.

fatfore.jpg

What would you rather be?
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I found this as a good synopsis
    Pms causes Serotonin (a neurotransmitter in the brain) to drop which controls mood and chocolate and other sweets have tryptophan ( precursor to serotonin) in it it it's the body's attempt to bring serotonin levels up. Also, blood sugar and hormones are to blame for the sweet cravings.

"Serotonin is our basic feel-good hormone. If serotonin is low, we feel sad or depressed. And hormonal imbalance or weak digestion can lead to low serotonin.Food cravings mean that the body has its signals mixed up. When we are exhausted or blue, we have low blood sugar and/or low serotonin, and the body signals the brain that it needs a pick-me-up. This signal causes a sugar craving or carbohydrate craving.

Unfortunately, sugars and simple carbohydrates release a short burst of serotonin — we feel good for a moment, but soon return to our low-serotonin state — then crave more sugar and simple carbohydrates. It’s a downward spiral."
    Source(s):
    http://www.womentowomen.com/understandyo
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I think you have two choices:
    1- You plan ahead and work out more to have enough calories left to eat what you want;
    2- Plan ahead good substitutes for when the craving start. For example, if you like ranch sauce, find a low fat recipe for it. For fried foods, you can still bread chicken, for example, and cook it in the oven. I know it's not the same, but it's a compromise :)

Good luck!
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Noooo. Don't make excuses. If you want to have a lil treat, just log it in and stay within your calories. And remember to keep exercising..it even helps w/cramps :)
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    omg exercising and moving around is the BEST cramp cure, even when aleve fails. Being a female this time of the month blows...
    Noooo. Don't make excuses. If you want to have a lil treat, just log it in and stay within your calories. And remember to keep exercising..it even helps w/cramps :)