Frustrated? Discouraged? Sliding backward?

Options
This summer I started MFP and was doing great with my steady but small weight loss. Once school started, our routine changed and we started eating more fast foods, I was tired and stopped counting calories. Who has time for that when you're so busy? For 2 or 3 weeks, I just ate, thinking I was eating similar to what I had been this summer. My wt loss stopped and I actually gained a little back. So for the past few days I've started counting calories again. I'm back on track and have started losing weight again.

I am 5'1" and was up to 167 lb at one point. I was sluggish, no motivation, tired and achey. Now I'm 147lb and feeling better, younger, and more at peace with myself. It's hard when you come home from a really long day and just want to plop down and do nothing. I encourage you to keep a little notepad with you...jot down your calories and stay on track. It really is worth it.

If I can do this, anyone can. I am the queen of procrastination and lack of motivation when it comes to dieting. DON'T GIVE UP!!!!

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    We've all had down times, what matters is that you're back on track! The past is the past! Keep it up! :)
  • momcindy
    momcindy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was just stiing here ready to have a pity party about my lack of progress and found this post. It's what I needed to hear. I'm still discouraged but not giving up.
  • shellythehippie
    shellythehippie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We've all been there. I've been there soooo many times! Change in routine can really screw you up. Just keep on taking it one meal at a time, one day at a time. Works best for me :D Good luck to you!
  • ambie443
    Options
    :) Thank you for your story, and I am glad you are getting back on track.
  • jan169
    jan169 Posts: 38
    Options
    The same has happened with me just recently. I've been extremely exhausted from school and I haven't been eating the right foods or working out at all. I have gained a bit back, but just from reading this post alone, I'm going to go work out now. It's hard to break lazyness and comfort food, but to see how far I've come, I really don't want to go back. Thanks for this! I feel like this was a huge sign for me to get back on track. (:

Great job for getting back on track. I will do the same now!
  • victoria543
    victoria543 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post have been feeling down for the last few days aout lack of weight loss etc its good to no others feel the same x x
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Glad you're back. Losing weight in this fashion may take what seems like a long time, but in the big scheme of things - losing it slowly is what's best as far as keeping it off. That's my belief anyway. We all have to hang in there and keep supporting one another. So glad I joined. :flowerforyou:
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Losing it slowly may be the healthiest way, but if you have a huge amount to lose, like some of us, it's REALLY difficult to contemplate YEARS of this process. Changing habits is fairly easy, actually, but counting calories gets old, and being too heavy gets older still.

I'm right with you! I get SO irritated -- especially when my body plateaus. Keep at it!!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Way to go keep up the good work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!