Is your microwave killing you?

Options
To me this is very shocking news! I just learned that my microwave oven may be literally killing me and this is not new news either.

This has been know by Russia since 1957 up until recently. Their research has been carried out mainly at the Institute of Radio Technology at Klinsk, Byelorussia. According to US researcher William Kopp, who gathered much of the results of Russian and German research, and then he was apparently prosecuted for doing so (J. Nat. Sci, 1998; 1:42-3).

Microwaves distort the moleclular structure of the foods. They destroy much of the nutrients and cause many other problems with the immune system over a period of time. So, if you love your family, continue to read this article, and take a little more time to heat up your food on the stove or oven. Then throw out your microwave oven!

There was a lawsuit in 1991 in Oklahoma, where a woman named Norma Levitt had hip surgery, but was then killed by a simple blood transfusion when a nurse "warmed the blood for the transfusion in a microwave oven."

Microwave cooking heats from the inside out and changes the molecular structure of the food. This violent change forms new life forms called radiolytic compounds. These are mutations that are unknown in the natural world. This ruins your healthy blood cells causing haemoglobin levels to decrease, and can cause you to become anaemic. This is after eating microwaved food for one month on a study done by Swiss Federal Institute of Biochemistry and the University Institute for Biochemistry.

The Soviet Union banned the use of microwave ovens in 1976. According to US researcher William Kopp, who gathered much of the results of Russian and German research (J. Nat. Sci, 1998; 1:42-3).

Some of the effects caused by microwaved food observed by Russian forensic teams are:

1) Prepared meats in a microwave:
* d-Nitrosodiethanolamine (a well-known cancer-causing agent)
* Destabilization of active protein biomolecular compounds
* Creation of a binding effect to radioactivity in the atmosphere
* Creation of cancer-causing agents within protein-hydrosylate compounds in milk and cereal grains;
2) Microwave emissions also caused alteration in the catabolic (breakdown) behavior of glucoside - and galactoside - elements within frozen fruits when thawed in this way;
3) Microwaves altered catabolic behavior of plant-alkaloids when raw, cooked or frozen vegetables were exposed for even very short periods;
4) Cancer-causing free radicals were formed within certain trace-mineral molecular formations in plant substances, especially in raw root vegetables;
5) Ingestion of micro-waved foods caused a higher percentage of cancerous cells in blood;
6) Due to chemical alterations within food substances, malfunctions occurred in the lymphatic system, causing degeneration of the immune system=s capacity to protect itself against cancerous growth;
7) The unstable catabolism of micro-waved foods altered their elemental food substances, leading to disorders in the digestive system;
*8) Those ingesting micro-waved foods showed a statistically higher incidence of stomach and intestinal cancers, plus a general degeneration of peripheral cellular tissues with a gradual breakdown of digestive and excretory system function;
9) Microwave exposure caused significant decreases in the nutritional value of all foods studied, particularly:
* A decrease in the bioavailability of B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, essential minerals and lipotrophics
* Destruction of the nutritional value of nucleoproteins in meats
* Lowering of the metabolic activity of alkaloids, glucosides, galactosides and nitrilosides (all basic plant substances in fruits and vegetables)
* Marked acceleration of structural disintegration in all foods.

Standing in front of a microwave is also highly damaging to your health. We are made up of trillions of cells.

Microwaved plastic wraps emits 10,000 times the FDA's limits of carcinogens (a substance or agent that causes cancer) plastic containers used to cooked in microwaves are included.

But why are microwave ovens being sold throughout the US for so many years? The industry hid the truth because of world trade. Doctors Hertal and Blanc wanted to publish their results of how dangerous microwave ovens are but were stopped by the the Swiss Association of Dealers for Electro-apparatuses for Households and Industry, known as FEA in 1992. They forced the President of the Court of Seftigen, Canton of Bern, to issue a "gag order" against Drs. Hertel and Blanc. In March 1993, Dr. Hertel was convicted for "interfering with commerce" and prohibited from further publishing his results. Dr. Hertel fought this decision over the years. This decision was reversed in a judgment delivered in Strasbourg, Austria, on August 25, 1998.

The Nazis invented the microwave oven. They were used in their mobile support operations, originally developed microwave "radiomissor" cooking ovens to be used for the invasion of Russia.

I just threw out my microwave oven after reading all of this!

**I read this on Facebook, i won't be throwing my MW out but hardly use it anyway actually i can't remember when i used it last? (My wife uses it all the time so i might just keep it!)

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I've always known microwaves are awful for you, i mean they don't even produce heat yet they heat up food..sounds like witch craft! lol kidding of course but they really are just awful.
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm more concerned on why a Nurse would 'warm up" blood in a microwave.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Maybe she didn't have much time?
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    AMEN!
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I always thought microwaves were bad for heating food in. It just seems like common sense to me... Doesn't stop me from using them though =[
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Most of the info provided on this facebook scare post is false... Would be impossible to list them all, but many vegetables retain more nutrients when heated in a microwave as opposed to a stovetop, and it was allied forces who "invented" the microwave, not the Nazis.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    interestiing article. Some of it's b.s... I mean 1. blood doesn't need to be "heated up".. 2. nazis didn't invent the microwave... and so on. But it was entertaining, and I haven't had a miscrowave in years, because food tastes better from the oven or stove :)
  • FatUncleRob
    Options
    Sorry, but that's a lot of misinformation!!

"Many negative articles also claim that microwaves change the molecular structure and composition of food by ejecting some electrons from atoms and forming cancer-causing free radicals. According to Professor Bloomfield, "microwaves don't affect the molecular structure of the food, except through the thermal effects we associate with normal cooking (e.g., denaturing of proteins with heat and caramelizing of sugars). That's because, like all electromagnetic waves, microwaves are emitted and absorbed as particles called "photons." The energy in a microwave photon is so tiny that it can't cause any chemical rearrangement in a molecule. "

http://elgringosalsero.hubpages.com/hub/The-Myths-About-The-Dangers-Of-Microwave-Ovens

or

http://www.lifescript.com/Health/Everyday-Care/Myths/Microwave_Dangers_Urban_Myth_Or_Frightening_Reality.aspx

"In general, the nutritional value of microwaved food over conventionally cooked food has less to do with the cooking method itself and more to do with the type of food that is cooked. Studies have shown that nutrients start to diminish in food that is over-cooked, whether in a microwave or on the stove. And some research has shown that microwaving food for the correct period of time actually preserves the nutrients because of the short amount of time that it’s cooked."
  • FatDadSlim
    Options
    interesting read. Haven't had a miscrowave in years, because food tastes better from the oven or stove :)
    Exactomoondo
  • vjsardina
    Options
    Info coming from Russia BUNK
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    ..and if you believe the OP's original premise, read this:

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4080
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ok, now you've got me all freaked out here...I'm about 2 seconds away from throwing my microwave out the window.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! I needed this laugh today, thanks!
  • FatDadSlim
    Options
    ..and if you believe the OP's original premise, read this:

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4080

Thanks for returning the balance.
  • James_1954
    James_1954 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Look, I'm sorry, but I've got to do some serious chuckling about this. A microwave oven heats food, or anything containing water, by exciting the resonant frequencies of water molecules. "Distort" the molecules in your food? ALL cooking produces molecular changes in foods. What's the difference between "change" and "distort" (except that "distort" sounds all bad and scary)? Food with its molecules unchanged, or un-"distorted," if you insist, is called by a technical name: raw. Some things are very good raw -- see fruits and most vegetables. Some things aren't so good raw -- see meats.

Everyone who's freaking out and throwing away your microwave: hey, go ahead and have your fun. But consider "throwing" them toward someone who might need them.
  • FatDadSlim
    Options
    Look, I'm sorry, but I've got to do some serious chuckling about this. A microwave oven heats food, or anything containing water, by exciting the resonant frequencies of water molecules. "Distort" the molecules in your food? ALL cooking produces molecular changes in foods. What's the difference between "change" and "distort" (except that "distort" sounds all bad and scary)? Food with its molecules unchanged, or un-"distorted," if you insist, is called by a technical name: raw. Some things are very good raw -- see fruits and most vegetables. Some things aren't so good raw -- see meats.

Everyone who's freaking out and throwing away your microwave: hey, go ahead and have your fun. But consider "throwing" them toward someone who might need them.

Never said i believed it, just throwing it out there to see what the general consensus was?
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Ok, now you've got me all freaked out here...I'm about 2 seconds away from throwing my microwave out the window.

Hey -- it says gullible on the ceiling!

(Don't mean to be hurtful. . . . but please don't believe everything you read.)
  • sadlazarus
    Options
    So much bad science.
    Why do people enjoy being scared so much?
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Like my mama always told me...wait that's not right...Like I always told my kids - DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET.
  • katejolee
    katejolee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Damn those nazies !! pmsl x