First round of Power 90 complete, 51 lbs. gone!

Options
I completed my first round of Power 90 today, and am thrilled with the results. In the last 90 days I have:

* Lost 50.6 lbs., more than half-way to my goal
* Lost 6.7 BMI points and gone from "obese" to "overweight"
* Gone down 2 shirt and pants sizes
* Bought a new belt and taken it down a notch
* Stopped avoiding stairs because my knees don't hurt anymore

I am now at a weight that I haven't seen for almost 20 years. At my current weight-loss trend, I should see my goal sometime around Christmas.

Monday starts round 2, which will end will end as the new year begins. Already excited about 2012!

No recent pictures except for this before & after closeup:

2ii7jmx.jpg

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Wow such a huge difference in such a short time, huge well done and keep us posted on your future progress!!
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    WOW, congratulations!!! you can definitely tell the difference! Keep going you will be at your goal in no time!
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! What a difference 90 days can make!!
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up the awesome work. I never did Power 90 but I would recommend P90X when you feel ready.
  • broby425
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I kinda like stepping on the scale these days! P90X is definitely in my future, likely sometime early to mid2012. Baby steps!
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    Congrats! That is amazing!
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    With Power 90, how often do you work out?

I am almost finished with 30DS and I have the Power 90 DVD but, no paper work.

Would love the details of the program.
  • broby425
    Options
    With Power 90, how often do you work out?

I am almost finished with 30DS and I have the Power 90 DVD but, no paper work.

Would love the details of the program.

It came to us as a 3-disc set: Fat Burner Express, Sweat 1-2 & Abs/Sculpt 1-2, and Sweat 3-4 & Abs/Sculpt 3-4. The plan is to work out 6 days a week, with one day of rest. The first week is spent on Fat Burner Express, then on the second week you start the Sweat/Sculpt 1-2 disc. You alternate between Sweat/Abs and Sculpt so that you do each of them three days a week, every other day (Sweat and Abs are done in the same workout). When you feel you're ready, you progress to 3-4, following the same pattern.

In addition to Power 90, I also take a 2.5 mile walk at lunch time on week days, plus another 3/4 mile walk to the bus stop at night. I eat about 1500 - 1700 calories a day, focusing on high protein and high nutrient foods.
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    What an awesome job! Congratulations on your weight loss, keep up the good work.

Diana
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your loss Broby425
  • xechostormx
    Options
    I am just beginning to start this today. I have been preparing for almost a month now. Its great to see you were able to get these results and I look forward to watching your progress! I hope things work out as well for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!