Here we go again

Options
Im so disgusted at my self. In 2007 I lost 7 stone and have gradually put weight on since. I have been feeling quite uncomfortable this week and this has been a trigger to get my self in to action and lose weight.
Well I have weighed myself this morning and I have put 6 of that seven stone back on. Im trying to be positive as I know I can do it as Ive done it before, but Im disgusted with my self that Im in this position again. Any one else in a similar position to me?

Replies

• brit_girl
    Options
    You've made the first step by standing on those scales and making a decision to change your life around! Theres lots of support on here and by taking it 1lb at a time you can do it!

Feel free to add me as a friend and Im sure we can help and support each other along x
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You have come to the best place to do it. Loads of support on the site. Just fill in your diary and make loads of friends in the same boat. Youv'e done it once and you can do it again.:happy:
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    |You've made the first step by standing on those scales and making a decision to change your life around! Theres lots of support on here and by taking it 1lb at a time you can do it!

Feel free to add me as a friend and Im sure we can help and support each other along x | brit_girl

It's awesome to see people this supportive and so right! I firmly believe that the mindset is a huge majority of the battle when it comes to weight loss! You are both welcome to add me as a friends and I will be as supportive as I can until we are finished with this fight! p.s. the heels work out so well on your progress bar!
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    |You've made the first step by standing on those scales and making a decision...

I firmly believe that the mindset is a huge majority of the battle when it comes to weight loss! You are both welcome to add me as a friends and I will be as supportive as I can until we are finished with this fight!

Welcome! And so true - per this post... I have been there, done that - however the reason I believe this time I am going to meet my goal and succeed is because I am in it for the long haul but also that I'm thinking of this a healthy lifestyle change, a positive journey and NOT a diet because diets are temporary and I probably used to think someday soon I'll be off this stupid diet.

So... Good for you for taking that first step to becoming a healthier you! Read the success stories on here, log every day and make little healthier choices here and there, and before you know it - whallah!! Best of luck - you can do this!!! :flowerforyou:
  • olly38
    olly38 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I managed to lose 8 stone in 2006. But after an operation I put it all back on. Like yourself I was not happy that I did this. But you've made the hardest step by admitting it, and starting to do something about it. I'm sure you'll get enough support in your effort!
  • loubulou2209
    Options
    I so know what you mean! Three years ago I'd really got a grip with my weight and had reached a point where I was happy with the way I looked and was healthy too and then I let it lapse and put on more weight than I ever had before. You've done the right thing in confronting it and I'm sure you'll be well on your way back to your goal weight in no time. Good luck!
  • scarlet_1965
    scarlet_1965 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Been there, done it and got the t-shirt (in various sizes). Previously lost over 4st with Weight Watchers, then regained it apart from a few lbs. Then couple of years later did the same weight loss/gain with Slimming World. Hate to think how much it has cost in meeting fees!! Love MFP as you can log in at anytime and get lots of advice and support. Use app on phone to log food & exercise. MFP has kept me motivated far longer than anything else.

Good luck with your weight loss. Like me you've done it before and just need to find the motivation to keep on going x
  • oldanton
    Options
    Yes I'm in the same boat too. I was a member of Slimming world for 2 years and lost 6 stone. Towards the end I found it harder and harder to keep the weight off. I have now regained 3 stone but I'm determined not to let it go any further. I got the myfitnesspal app on my ipod and use it every day. Right now I am managing to lose 2 lb per week between holidays. The holidays are the problem, cruises seem to make me put on 1 lb per day but I do like them.
  • meep777
    meep777 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thankyou to every one who replied to my post it has made me feel a bit better about myself to know others are in the same boat. Ive had a really good first day and have just come back from tescos with lots of healthy food!!