Please bring the happy back!

ahertel0214
ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
edited September 18 in Health and Weight Loss
Just sat down to finish up for the day and read through the last few hours of posts.

I have a sugestion, Let's all stay focused on bringing positive thoughts/feelings/support to this wonderful site - I'm sure that was the intention behind creating it.

I too am guilty of getting wrapped up in such banter - it will be much more helpful to all of us if we maintain a positive attitude.

Often things that are written can come across the wrong way - that's the down side to typing what we're thinking. No one can hear our tone of voice or see the expression on our faces.

Set aside others difference of opinion & try to be helpful not hurtful - even if we're trying to enlighten each other.

Hope you all had a wondeful day and here's to an incredible tomorow also!

Sleep well,
Adrianne

Replies

• ahertel0214
    Just sat down to finish up for the day and read through the last few hours of posts.

I have a sugestion, Let's all stay focused on bringing positive thoughts/feelings/support to this wonderful site - I'm sure that was the intention behind creating it.

I too am guilty of getting wrapped up in such banter - it will be much more helpful to all of us if we maintain a positive attitude.

Often things that are written can come across the wrong way - that's the down side to typing what we're thinking. No one can hear our tone of voice or see the expression on our faces.

Set aside others difference of opinion & try to be helpful not hurtful - even if we're trying to enlighten each other.

Sleep well,
    Adrianne
  • i really like your understanding.

thanks!
  • ahertel0214
    Not so much understanding or believing in what you posted about starvation mode. I don't agree with your idea, but that's just little ol' me.

My point is, as a group with a common goal - let's stay positive and support each other. Bickering in a post is not going to solve the difference of opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - but they need to be shared in a useful manner.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Happy! Happy! Happy!!! I love the support and encoragement I get from this site....if I find a post to be a downer, I move onto the next one! It was a delight to read your post! Have a terrific evening!!!
  • i meant your understanding my misuse of writing 200 lbs woman...

but nevermind then.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member

Sleep well,
    Adrianne
    :flowerforyou: YEP Lets all do our parts to have no name calling and all that :explode: stuff
    Lets keep the happy :smooched: Love the site and all of yall on it
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Can't agree more. Keep it light people were for each other.
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Bump!

Yes, yes, yes - what we have here is a really special community of people united by a common goal to improve their lives and for the most part, what I see is all of us achieving our goals with each other's help. It is so inspiring to read what some of you are doing/going through and I look forward to logging in every day to find out what's going on with everyone.

:flowerforyou: to all.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands! (clap!) (clap!)
    If you're happy and you know it, and you really want to show it

If you're happy and you know it, stomp your feet! (stomp!) (stomp!)

If you're happy and you know it, shout Hooray! (hoo-) (ray!)
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    I think I'm having Deja vu...........:wink:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member

:laugh:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437

:laugh:

Ahhh you see I am having deja vu.....
  • You are right, it is great to have support that is non-judgemental and positive. And a good debate is always fun, IMHO.

There are many different personalities and these personalities all need different things. I, for instance, HATE mass produced jokes. I mean, they really stress me out! I would appreciate it if people who posted jokes listed them as such, so people who were not interested would not waste time clicking on them. It's not always obvious by the topic title.

That would be supportive of me. he he.
  • ahertel0214
    And one more thing...

I know some of the "veterans" on this site get a bit wound up seeing the same questions over and over, but please keep one thing in mind...

They may be repetitive questions to you but it's a very real and new question to the person who's asking.

We're doing nothing but bumming each other out by posting *sigh* as a reply.

Sure, sigh to yourself if you'd like, but either answer the question, reply with a link to the answer, or just don't reply at all.

Keep lifting them up not making them tentative to ask another question.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: bump, Icandoit I feel like your riding my bus, my kids sing that to me often! Keep it happy people:bigsmile:
  • Hey! Im one of those silly people that asked a stupid question!! Oops:happy: Im new here and really didnt know that what i asked was such a hot topic. I was just confused. Nice to know theres an archive though and will check there before i post anything again.

Most of the people who replied were genuinely trying to be helpful though i think

Ive never dieted before so im new to all this calorie stuff...I used to thimk I could eat what i want whenever i want...:tongue: ...until i got older. im gonna miss the ribs though.:cry:

So...how do i get to the archives? I have a ton of things to learn..Id like to read some things.:smile:
  • ahertel0214
    Type any few key words into the search field and it will pull up any previous posts pertaining to your topic.

If you can't find an answer or the right information, feel free to post any and all questions. We'll do our best to help you!
  • Thanks a bunch! :smile:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    And one more thing...

I know some of the "veterans" on this site get a bit wound up seeing the same questions over and over, but please keep one thing in mind...

They may be repetitive questions to you but it's a very real and new question to the person who's asking.

We're doing nothing but bumming each other out by posting *sigh* as a reply.

Sure, sigh to yourself if you'd like, but either answer the question, reply with a link to the answer, or just don't reply at all.

Keep lifting them up not making them tentative to ask another question.

Amen to that! I get irritated when people just nit-pick at the poor person asking...!!
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    I'm happy,
    I'm clapping,
    I'm stomping,
    I'm shouting hooray!!!

Everyone take a deep breath and smile!!! It's a great day! The sun is shining... ok, here in Sunny California it is... Enjoy the rest of this oh-so-beautiful day!!!

:love:
    Angela
This discussion has been closed.