Quotes. .. mottos. . . mantras. .. .

Options
Jade_Butterfly
Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
What are your favorite ones that give you that boost that you need. . . Or JUST that you happen to like. . . .And why. . . .

A friend posted this today. . and I loved it. . .

"Stop living for other people and their opinions. Learn to value yourself and what you stand for. Be bold, & be you ."

so so true!

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    We are all dysfunctional, get over it!

It is okay to have a bad!
  • TheDudette
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm feeling tempted, or feeling really tired when exercising I just think, "You got this!" I sometimes shock myself with how well it works. The power of positive thought, who would've thought my high school guidance counselor wasn't completely full of it.
  • missjessica83
    Options
    I have 100's haha

Off the top of my head...

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor R

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result - Albert Einstein

There is no way to happiness happiness is the way

Everything is alright in the end if its not alright its not the end

Fairytales are true not only because they teach us that dragons exist, but that they can be defeated

Fortune favours the brave

:)
  • brandynicole28
    brandynicole28 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    my favorite...."Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!" lol
  • victoriashea
    Options
    "Setbacks are ugly little pods full of the glorious seeds of comebacks."
    -Murrow
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    "never underestimate the power of stupidity in a large group of people"
  • Dustymodoc
    Options
    I Love this one Brandy. Thanks.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If you think you can or you cant....either way, you're right!!!
  • missjessica83
    Options
    "Setbacks are ugly little pods full of the glorious seeds of comebacks."
    -Murrow

I like this :)
  • stormtruck2
    stormtruck2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You can tell the character of a man by the way he treats those who have no value to him.

When argueing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing.

Marriage is 50/50. 50% of the time your wrong. The other 50% she is right.

If it won't matter in five years, it is not worth fighting your spouse about now.

You know you'r spouse birthday, you don't know her death day. Treat her like every day is her birthday.

You can't argue when your kissing or making love.

Inside of me is a man who weighs 155 and has 3% body fat screaming to get out. I can shut him up though with pizza and beer.

It's better to have a small tool than be a big one.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm feeling tempted, or feeling really tired when exercising I just think, "You got this!" I sometimes shock myself with how well it works. The power of positive thought, who would've thought my high school guidance counselor wasn't completely full of it.

No kidding. . who would of thunk it. . that school counselors, teachers, parents. . .actually knew what they were talking about and then you catch yourself saying some of the things that they said to you. . to your kids. . and think WOW!
  • TheDudette
    Options

No kidding. . who would of thunk it. . that school counselors, teachers, parents. . .actually knew what they were talking about and then you catch yourself saying some of the things that they said to you. . to your kids. . and think WOW!

YES!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    my favorite...."Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!" lol

Back when I was on Weight Watchers during high school our leader would always say that one.
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    Don't tell God how big your storm is .. Tell your storm how big your God is!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Don't tell God how big your storm is .. Tell your storm how big your God is!

Amen to that!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    "Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics. You are all stardust. You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded. Because the elements, the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars. And the only way they could get into your body is if the stars were kind enough to explode. So forget Jesus. The stars died so you could be here today."

- Lawrence Strauss
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Usually chanted with eyes shut, breathing slowly after extended periods of time in the presence of teenagers...
    "This too shall pass...This too shall pass."
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    not really MFP related but - "Teamwork makes the dream work" haha! it's so cheesy but i love it

i have another one that i say to myself if i'm struggling with exercise but i'm scared to tell anyone as it has bad connotations and could offend....
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    "Stop looking for a way out of everything...and look for a way to get through it." ~ Me :)

"Those who walk with God always reach their destination."

"Be the kind of woman, who when her feet hit the floor in the morning, the devils says, "Oh no! She's up!"

"She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future." Proverbs 31:25
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    "Stop looking for a way out of everything...and look for a way to get through it." ~ Me :)

"Those who walk with God always reach their destination."

"Be the kind of woman, who when her feet hit the floor in the morning, the devils says, "Oh no! She's up!"

"She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future." Proverbs 31:25

I love these. . Thank you so much for sharing~!