p90x 90 day challenge October 1

Options

Replies

• CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Which ever one you decide to do is fine. :) I'm not big
    on women vs man because I think us women can/ARE just as capable and strong as any man.
    Have you ever seen a man give birth? Didn't think so LOL! :tongue:
    I did the classic or doubles if you count the fact I still went to the gym 5 days a week and ran. Plus went on my 3 mile walks 7 days (9x) a week.
    Have fun with the one you choose and give it your best! :happy:
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Are doing the classic plan???

I dont know what about everybody else?? I heard the lean version it's more for woman because it has more cardio what do ya think ??

I know plenty of women who have done classic and had great results. Really it's just a matter of preference, not gender. Do you want more cardio or strength training.
  • mdm3
    mdm3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try the lean version the first go round. I've heard good results about both.
  • carojenkins
    Options
    Completed my first day of P90X Classic. I considered Lean, but I want to tone muscle first to make sure my metabolism is working for me. It's a tough workout! Definite muscle burn and a fair amount of grunting and groaning. LOT of grunting and groaning! Now I need to work on the diet part. Haven't been hungry all day, so I've eaten my snacks but not my meals! Anyone else experiencing this difficulty? Don't know how I'm going to get all my calories in at this point.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Ok I decided to go classic! Wow day one was rough!But it felt awesome ! ; )
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    Ok I decided to go classic! Wow day one was rough!But it felt awesome ! ; )

WAY TO GO! You are going to be sore this week, but I promise it will pass. Keep pushing play! :happy:
  • bodyrokk
    bodyrokk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I may have to give this a try too..I have severe asthma and just warming up and trying to keep up is tough..i workout with weights at least 4 times a weak,i can lift more than most people but my cardio sucks and i need to change this!!
  • carojenkins
    Options
    Did the plyo this morning. Wow. What a workout! Wanted to just stop about half way through but stuck it out. I'm glad I did - knew I would be. Great sense of accomplishment once you've stopped sweating and begin to feel half human again.

How is everyone else doing?
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Caro - I'm still waiting on my DVD's, but I did do 8 hours of mall walking/shopping on Friday so I'm still getting in some exercise while I wait. (I had a lot of stuff that I needed, and a few things I couldn't find initially - so it took all day)
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I made myself a hybrid of p90x classic mixed with running....so last night I did core synergestics---wasnt too bad, but I know its an easier one....today will be arms so I may jjust die from it!!! My arms have no strength at all!!!
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    I made myself a hybrid of p90x classic mixed with running....so last night I did core synergestics---wasnt too bad, but I know its an easier one....today will be arms so I may jjust die from it!!! My arms have no strength at all!!!

Abby, to me Core synergestics kicks my butt. I don't know what it is about that workout, but I always struggled through it HA!
    WAY TO GO! I LOVE your running/p90x hybrid too. I got my 20 mile training run in today...WOO it was FUN! :D
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am in for my 2nd round of P90X!!!!
    I think I'll try the regular NOT LEAN........we will see how the ole knees do in plyo-land!!! LOL!! Getting on it a day late but oh well!!!
    BRING IT!!!!
  • Holly_0717
    Holly_0717 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just got my P90X and I'm starting tomorrow!!!...Would love to join this! So excited, but so scared too!
  • carojenkins
    Options
    Hi, everyone. Special note to Holly: Don't be afraid of P90X. It is a heck of a workout, but there are modifications you can make, and you really just work within your own ability. As long as you do your honest best, you'll improve each week. Tony himself is very forgiving - Do your best, and forget the rest! Ordinary people can succeed with this program. Keep telling yourself that, and keep posting on this message board.
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    I am in for my 2nd round of P90X!!!!
    I think I'll try the regular NOT LEAN........we will see how the ole knees do in plyo-land!!! LOL!! Getting on it a day late but oh well!!!
    BRING IT!!!!

YES join us! Congrats on your second round. I LOVE your default picture. Not an easy thing to do! HA! WELCOME aboard! :)
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    Just got my P90X and I'm starting tomorrow!!!...Would love to join this! So excited, but so scared too!

YAY! can't wait to hear how you do on your 1st day! Don't be scared either. I LOVE Carolyn's advice. I second that 100%. You can do this and we are all here to support you. :happy:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I did Chest/Back and Ab Ripper today.....I feel like such a weakling!!! I have to do "girl push-ups" and I cant do even ONE pull-up....I had to do all of those using the band technique.....it will be intersting to see if this improves over time!!

Everyone is doing great!!!
  • klh17090
    Options
    I am on week 4 of my SIXTH round of P90X, along with my 5th month of doing Insanity.. I love the intense cardio Insanity brings which has helped me carve out my muscle from P90X. I was doing the longer versions of Insanity but last week decided to do the beginning routines to mix it up and give my body a break and I see the difference. My next goal once i get the money to spend is P90X2 and Insanity the Asylum. I am a Beachbody coach so if you have any questions, need help or want to order any products (Shakeology rocks!!!) just let me know!!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm not ready for p90x because I haven't bought the videos and want to do a couple other things first, but I'd like some info. What are the nutrition plans like? I hate plans that have a lot of complicated and expensive recipes.

Is it very strict as in you eat this on that day or does it just give suggestions? What are the different plans (classic/lean/what)?

How much space do I need to do the workouts?
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    I am on week 4 of my SIXTH round of P90X, along with my 5th month of doing Insanity.. I love the intense cardio Insanity brings which has helped me carve out my muscle from P90X. I was doing the longer versions of Insanity but last week decided to do the beginning routines to mix it up and give my body a break and I see the difference. My next goal once i get the money to spend is P90X2 and Insanity the Asylum. I am a Beachbody coach so if you have any questions, need help or want to order any products (Shakeology rocks!!!) just let me know!!

Hi I'm a Beachbody coach too! Are you here to join my challenge or ????