p90x 90 day challenge October 1

Options

Replies

• njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm on week 2, last night I did shoulders & arms. I think I would have done much better if I wasn't still sore from Monday. I used the pull up bar that night and wow was it intense. So intense that it is 3 days later and I'm still a little sore. I like being sore though, it makes me feel that what I'm doing is working. I did not gain any weight in week 1, I was actually down 2 pounds. This week I have stayed the same no ups, no downs, same weight as last week. But I don't really sweat the number on the scale. I learned that frustration the hard way when I did Insanity. I have a completely different take on my workouts now. I do it because I like it and at the end of the day if I lose great, if not whatever, I'm getting stronger and really toning up. Can't lose either way.

Good luck everyone and stay strong!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I'm so bummed. I gained another 1.4 lbs. And I took my measurements as well. No change other than a slight increase in my arms and chest :sad:

I hope this turns around! I won't give up though because I love love love to lift :)
  • Vaibhav_ace
    Vaibhav_ace Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh! count me in. Just saw the post, but I am on Day 3 of first recovery week (4th week). So far I've stuck to it except I skipped 2 of 3 Yoga X workout (I know... I am terrible ).

Target date is Dec 19th (i.e. day 90)

Bring It!!
    :)
  • chazdiezal
    chazdiezal Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just finished Kenpo X, still my favorite, tomorrow is day 7 of week 1 for me but I think I'll do a 3 mile run. All have a great weekend and keep bringing it!!!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Chest/Back and of course Ab Ripper tonight for me!!! Tomorrow is my long run day!!!
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    How's everyone been doing? I haven't checked in the past couple days. I've been so busy! Today was my Chest/back day. Hubby and I were gone shopping for new home gym equipment :happy:
    I have my long run tomorrow morning so I'll pick up tomorrow evening with Chest and back! Have a fantastic Sunday MFP/p90x-ers!
    Kelly :flowerforyou:

p.s. how is everyone doing with Kenpo X and Yoga X???? Are you getting it done? Yoga is the one I have to always "talk" myself into doing! Hee Hee! My hubby seems to love it! At least one of us can concentrate long enough to relax and do yoga and it's NOT ME! LOL!!! :tongue:
  • dgkjek
    dgkjek Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi,
    I am enjoying reading the posts on this thread and would love to join. I started 10/2 on the p90x lean program. Only on day 10 due to sickness, but I have done Chest & Back 2x and I still have to do the knee pushups. But the 2nd time, I could actually hold the regular push up stance and lower 1/3 of the way. I was so happy b/c at least it's more than I could do when I took the fitness test! My goal is to be able to do 3 "real" pushups at the end. Hoping I will be able to do a pullup as well! Rejoicing in the baby steps! :-)
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!
    I'm still here!! LOL finished the first two weeks with a couple of modifications....this is my 2nd round paying far more attention to diet than last time. Just finished up a block of 12 hour nightshifts which made it really hard to workout. Just didnt have the strength!! Yesterday did Legs and back, today should be rest BUT making up a day so it's off to Cardio land we go!!!
    Have a good sunday!!!
  • carojenkins
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm on week 2, last night I did shoulders & arms. I think I would have done much better if I wasn't still sore from Monday. I used the pull up bar that night and wow was it intense. So intense that it is 3 days later and I'm still a little sore. I like being sore though, it makes me feel that what I'm doing is working. I did not gain any weight in week 1, I was actually down 2 pounds. This week I have stayed the same no ups, no downs, same weight as last week. But I don't really sweat the number on the scale. I learned that frustration the hard way when I did Insanity. I have a completely different take on my workouts now. I do it because I like it and at the end of the day if I lose great, if not whatever, I'm getting stronger and really toning up. Can't lose either way.

Good luck everyone and stay strong!

Love your attitude about the weight - it's really all about how we feel and how we look in our clothes. The scales are irrelevant. Keep at it. Keep getting stronger and fitter and healthier.
  • carojenkins
    Options
    How's everyone been doing? I haven't checked in the past couple days. I've been so busy! Today was my Chest/back day. Hubby and I were gone shopping for new home gym equipment :happy:
    I have my long run tomorrow morning so I'll pick up tomorrow evening with Chest and back! Have a fantastic Sunday MFP/p90x-ers!
    Kelly :flowerforyou:

p.s. how is everyone doing with Kenpo X and Yoga X???? Are you getting it done? Yoga is the one I have to always "talk" myself into doing! Hee Hee! My hubby seems to love it! At least one of us can concentrate long enough to relax and do yoga and it's NOT ME! LOL!!! :tongue:

Doing great so far. Today was my Plyo day. Plyo is the workout I have the most trouble with - apparently I don't much like leaving the ground. But I did it. Kenpo X I don't mind, and Yoga X is really pretty good once you get over how long it is. But can I tell you? You know how you get all relaxed at the end and start chanting OM? Well, the minute I open my mouth, my cockapoo sticks her tongue in it! Which totally sets me to laughing - thus destroying the mood. But what the heck. It's fun!

Have a great Sunday everyone. I'm presently cheering on the Patriots. What 's everyone else doing?
  • carojenkins
    Options
    *sigh* I'm so bummed. I gained another 1.4 lbs. And I took my measurements as well. No change other than a slight increase in my arms and chest :sad:

I hope this turns around! I won't give up though because I love love love to lift :)

Don't let the weight gain bother you, especially not at this point in the program. Remember - muscle is heavier than fat but also more compact. Pay attention to how you feel and how your clothes fit. That's what matters.
  • swtlilchic
    Options
    I am on week three of my second round of p90x, but am now doing a p90x/insanity hybrid. Has anyone else tried this? I don't find it bad so far, but am dreading when we get to the hour long insanity workouts!
  • abby459
    Options
    well yesterday was my long run day...I did 7.14miles with only 5mins of walking...very proud of that!! Today back to p90x....chest/back and abs....and maybe adding in some kind of cardio today??
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    FINALLY! I have all the pieces I need to do it - got the DVD's, got the bands, got the chin-up bar, already have a yoga mat. I know I'm fashionably late to this party, but I'm here!
  • abby459
    Options
    Today was the 1st time that I was actually able to do p90x and a run....kept trying to before, but my body couldnt handle it!! Did a 3.1mile slow run after my p90x today...very proud of myself...and exhausted!!!
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    FINALLY! I have all the pieces I need to do it - got the DVD's, got the bands, got the chin-up bar, already have a yoga mat. I know I'm fashionably late to this party, but I'm here!

YAY!!! BRING IT GIRLY!!! :D
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    I am on week three of my second round of p90x, but am now doing a p90x/insanity hybrid. Has anyone else tried this? I don't find it bad so far, but am dreading when we get to the hour long insanity workouts!

YES I did it! I have also done 10 weeks Insanity all the way through. Don't worry about the longer workouts. As long as you stick to the 35/40 minute workouts, you will be ready once you get to the longer ones. I actually like the longer workouts and I still do them when I can durning my p90x/running hybrid I am currently doing! Have fun and keep posting your progress! Kelly aka Cyclingdiva :flowerforyou:
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Today was the 1st time that I was actually able to do p90x and a run....kept trying to before, but my body couldnt handle it!! Did a 3.1mile slow run after my p90x today...very proud of myself...and exhausted!!!

Good job Abby! You are doing fantastic! :happy:
    I told myself it was going to be a rest day! BUT GUESS what?! I'm going to pop in Shoulders and arms! LOL!
  • loved11
    loved11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!! Only 4 days in to lean!! This will be 3rd time around, I will love having some support this time. Bring it!!
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    I am in!!!! Only 4 days in to lean!! This will be 3rd time around, I will love having some support this time. Bring it!!

Hello and welcome! :)