p90x 90 day challenge October 1

Options

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    hey im 3 days in with my roommates, and i was wondering what kind of resistance bands u used or weights. i bought a cheap pair from walmart but they dont say the resistance on them and for all my roommates its pretty easy. let me know if u have any suggestions.

For me I use 2 lb, 5 lbs, 8 lbs and10 lbs. Hubby and I are looking into buying a nice set of weights for our home and much heavier because he lifts alot heavier than me.
    As fas as the resistance bands. I use medium and heavy. I bought mine at Target awhile back. You can also buy the adjustable resistance bands. You can add or remove tubes to increase or decrease your resistance.
    Welcome to the challenge. Kelly :smile:

@Kelly

I highly recommend Power Blocks. They go up to 50 lbs. and were well worth the investment.
  • dauenhab
    dauenhab Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone is doing great one here. What a good group that Kelly started. Just finished my 1st week yesterday. Only got to do one supplemental workout at lunch this week. Oh well, such is life. Also missed my workout this morning because I had to finish some work before going camping this weekend. Just means that I have to make sure to workout Sunday when I get home.

I did have a nutrition question and wanted to get the group's advice. Since I am only going to be doing approximately 5 workouts a week and targeting the 3 cardio during lunch, i'm wondering what my calorie goal should be. If I was following the program to a "t" then I should be on level 2 - 2400 calories. However, I did the level one because I don't think I need to be at that level since I'm doing the lean program. I noticed when I was at 1200 earlier during the week, I struggled with my workout and my energy. When I was closer to my target, I felt good, so I think this is a good level. However, when I was weighing myself, I saw the number move up (and yes, I know this really shouldn't be what I'm keeping track of, but I can't help myself).

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Btw - I don't track what I eat on the weekend, but I try to make good choices.

Brandy
  • carojenkins
    Options
    To LilyInLove: I can't for the life of me do rock star jumps either. Especially not so far into the workout. By that point I can barely get my poor rubbery legs off the floor. But we will both get there. Just keep Bringing It!
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    I've read that most people don't think Kenpo X is much of a workout. I think this is crazy talk!! Maybe it's just because I'm used to Turbo Fire or maybe it's just because I'm so sore, but omg. Ouch. :)

I am soooo ready for my day off tomorrow to recover!

OH I LOVE the Kenpo X workout! I missed it when I was doing the Insanity. I think once people get the punches down and find their coordination it is a much more enjoyable. :happy:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Well Kenpo X definately worked my hamstrings!! They burned in my run yesterday after I had done Kenpo the day before!!!
    Today is another run day for me and then I will be doing shoulders/arms after my run.....trying to do both today!!
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Is it crazy that I want to do two Kenpo sessions tomorrow. I will see how I feel after the first, but I loved body combat at the gym. My 12 year old will be working out with me...well only one session.
  • jkeyah
    jkeyah Posts: 20
    Options
    Just finished my first week today! I LOVE Kenpo X!
  • carojenkins
    Options
    Well, I started Week Two! I think I did a little better with the workout this time around. Almost forgot the ARX routine. I wonder if that's a psychological statement! But I buckled down and did it. There are still moves that I can't even do once, let alone 25 times! But I will keep trying, and eventually it'll happen.

Hope everyone else is doing well and bringing it. Did everyone do photos and measurements and fit test and such so you can track progress? I'd love at the end of all this to compare results. Like, how many total inches did the group lose! That would be cool.
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Just finished my first week today! I LOVE Kenpo X!

Great job! How was it? How are you feeling? Fun workouts huh! :happy:
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Is it crazy that I want to do two Kenpo sessions tomorrow. I will see how I feel after the first, but I loved body combat at the gym. My 12 year old will be working out with me...well only one session.

That is awesome your 12 yr old does the workouts with you. My 15 yr old has done a few with me too! Have fun with your 2 Kenpo session! :smile:
  • lilyinlove
    Options
    Well, I started Week Two! I think I did a little better with the workout this time around. Almost forgot the ARX routine. I wonder if that's a psychological statement! But I buckled down and did it. There are still moves that I can't even do once, let alone 25 times! But I will keep trying, and eventually it'll happen.

Hope everyone else is doing well and bringing it. Did everyone do photos and measurements and fit test and such so you can track progress? I'd love at the end of all this to compare results. Like, how many total inches did the group lose! That would be cool.

I have some of the poses for the pictures guess I can add in a few more before I get muscles.lol
  • lilyinlove
    Options

That is awesome your 12 yr old does the workouts with you. My 15 yr old has done a few with me too! Have fun with your 2 Kenpo session! :smile:

He has only done the cardio with me up til now, and got too brave and forgot about quality instead of quantity with the leg over chair thingy... Whacked his ankle poor buggar!
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Hello challenge peeps! We are heading into our 2nd week of the challenge. I'm checking in to see how everyone is doing.
    What is your favorite workout so far? How did you all survive the "sore" part of the 1st week? Do you have an questions or concerns you would like to share about the workouts, nutrition...ect? If any of you ever have question you don't want to post on the board you can always send me a private message and please do! I try to look carefully through the thread to make sure I'm not missing anything, but sometimes I may!

My workout today is Back&Arms X. Tomorrow is my long run day. I think I have 12 miles on the schedule? Can't remember! HA!

Have a happy and healthy weekend! XO Kelly :flowerforyou:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Kelly - I do have a nutrition question....I am not following the p90x diet plan, just doing the calories on MFP, but I was wondering if it is bad for you to have too little fat in your daily diet?? Is that possible?? I looked at my diary and most days I am only having aroung 20gm or less of fats...is that enough??
    Not sure if you can answer that or not, but I figured I throw it out there.
    Thanks
  • erinmac0211
    erinmac0211 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started on the 5th can I still be part of this? haha I'm on day 5 today!

8902005.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you all. Im just about to start phase 3 and have seen incredible results! Ive dropped 26lbs, and can see my goal of a six pack as a very real possibility. Keep pressing play, keep bringing it, you wont be disappointed. Im always on the lookout for friends to add, so if your highly motivated, send a request :-)
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am in for my 2nd round of P90X!!!!
    I think I'll try the regular NOT LEAN........we will see how the ole knees do in plyo-land!!! LOL!! Getting on it a day late but oh well!!!
    BRING IT!!!!
    Ok...THAT didnt happen!!!!!
    I'm back a week late but just completed Core Syn and it kicked my *kitten*! It's true you dont use it you lose it!! LOL
    So now I am recommitted....no more cigaretts (details in the blog...) Really excited to have a place to come back to to touch base and stay accountable!! ....If I can still join the challenge :embarassed:
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    I started on the 5th can I still be part of this? haha I'm on day 5 today!

8902005.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

YES JOIN! Welcome! :)
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Good luck to you all. Im just about to start phase 3 and have seen incredible results! Ive dropped 26lbs, and can see my goal of a six pack as a very real possibility. Keep pressing play, keep bringing it, you wont be disappointed. Im always on the lookout for friends to add, so if your highly motivated, send a request :-)

WAY TO GO! You look fantastic. Is this your 1st round of p90x? Beachbody workouts? Keep up the great work! :happy:
  • CampbellHendry
    CampbellHendry Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 13 :D finish on the 27th October !