Starting over and needing buddies

Options
Hi, I'm Karen and I'm from the UK and I've just started MFP again this week (Wednesday) and would love a few buddies to give and recieve encouragement. I don't have much weight to lose to feel comfortable with myself but find that it takes me forever to lose even a couple of lbs. A couple of years ago I did lose about 9lbs using another calorie counting site so I know I can do it but I think I just need lots of encouragement so I don't give in to temptation.

Anyway if anyone would like to buddy up feel free to add me.

Karen x

Replies

• pompeygirly
    Options
    Hello!
    I am starting tomorrow! left weightwatchers a few months ago and now am back to being 2 stone overwight!
    Would love a buddy - not entirely sure how this all works as im a newbie!
    Rach:-)
  • kh79
    kh79 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!
    Doesn't matter how much or how little we want/need to loose, it's great with buddy-support either way :wink:

Good luck, and feel free to add me! :smile:
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    ill add you im sam 25yo also from uk i also havent got a lot more to loose so maybe we can help eachother x
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You should find everything you need on this site to help you, loads of information, motivation and support. It is a big learning curve at first but once you get into good habits it becomes much easier. Good luck and feel free to add me if you like. I am in the UK too.
  • moonlightuk
    moonlightuk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the site, I have only been here for a couple of weeks but the support is amazing, have sent you a request...good luck :), Susan
  • cazyll
    cazyll Posts: 184
    Options
    Hi, and welcome. I've been here for 5 days now and I love it! I've never counted calories before but this site makes it so easy.

I'm in the uk aswell and like you I only have a little to loose, a stone and a half would be nice or even just a stone. Feel free to add me. The more support the better!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also back on the site after a short break and trying new things.
  • kell_riley
    Options
    I'm in the uk as well, Don't have a huge amount to loose but I still manage to sabotage myself when I feel I'm getting somewhere! I'm always up for a new friend or two! :)
  • moon_light10
    Options
    Hi and welcome, from UK as well
  • bodicea66
    Options
    Hi. Im new to this too. Just getting the hang of it. Im in the North East near the coast.
    Would like to lose a stone to start with. I am doing SW but think this site will help as I can log what I eat.

Feel free to add me and maybe we can all do this together.
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    Hey, welcome to the site! Having motivational buddies is always good. I'm Nikki, from New Brunswick, Canada =)
  • nicolet67
    Options
    hi Karen, I am new here too! Just like you I don't want to loose too much weight, just a stone or so to feel comfortable again. Counting calories never used to be my thing, but it does help to keep track of what you are eating on a daily basis. Let's help each other to stick to our goals!
  • karen250463
    karen250463 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who's sent me friend requests, it's much appreciated - I'm looking forward to giving and receiving encouragement and hopefully we will all get to where we want to be without too many slip ups along the way!

Good luck to everyone on your weightloss journey and here's to onwards and downwards.

Karen x:smile:
  • johnnysnana
    Options
    my first day was yesterday. I had a whole day of eating good food and not feeing guilty. I will biddy up as well. I have much more to lose than you but weight loss is a common goal for us both, good luck to you and all who enjoy this site!
  • MadOne2011
    MadOne2011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new(ish) too, been on mfp for 3 weeks and find it extremely helpful and healthy to keep this logged especially the calories because my mind can play tricks on what I have eaten. I'm from the UK too and would love to have some buddies to talk to through this journey! Please feel free to add me!

Good luck with your weight loss :happy:
  • johnnysnana
    Options
    I will be your buddy as I need support as well,,, well over 200lbs and feeling and looking like it...
  • johnnysnana
    Options
    yes what a way for those calories epmty calories to creep up.just once in my life i would like to be in a normal type body!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Positive support & motivation here 24/7. You and anyone else are free to add me.