My spaghetti squash recipe

Options
idauria
idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
I made dinner with spaghetti squash last night and I thought I'd share the recipe. It's not really a recipe because I just used what I had on hand. Anyway, I baked the squash in the oven(cut in half, cut side down in pan with a little water, 45 mins at 375F). While that was cooling I sauteed garlic, onions, and diced zucchini. I also had a pot of tomato sauce going because the husband and kids were making pizza for dinner so I put some ladelfuls of that into the veggies while cooking. I let that simmer together until the zucchini was soft. Then I added some parmesan cheese and put it on top of the spaghetti squash. I wasn't going for a pasta sub so I wasn't expecting that kind of taste. But it was very good on its own right.

Replies

• dianemass
    dianemass Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I had spaghetti squash last night at Ruby Tuesdays and it was so good ! Now I want to try your recipe !!

Diane
  • lajones
    Options
    I'm going to try spaghetti squash for the first time tonight...thanks for sharing your recipe - the one that i hope to use was similar, but with diced tomatoes and no zucchini....might try yours instead!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. On a couple of more recent occasions I've substituted spaghetti squash for noodles when having spaghetti. And I load my spaghetti sauce with all sorts of veggies as well. Substituting gives a unique yet tasty flavor. But I still like to use whole grain pasta too.

To the spaghetti squash at Ruby Tuesday's poster - I've been LOVING that they added that to their menu. Another one I like a lot is their grilled green beans. ; ) The have several healthier side choices. Go Ruby Tuesday! : )

Happy Sunday All! Peace ~
    :flowerforyou:
  • MamaCat9
    Options
    Yummy, adding spaghetti squash to my shopping list today! Thanks for sharing!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Ooh, thanks for the fyi on Ruby Tuesdays! I'll have to check it out the next time I go there.
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have one sitting on my counter staring at me! :) TY For sharing your recipe!~ It sounds delicious.