Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism 5lb a week lo

So I Seen on the dvd it says you can lose 5lb a week if you do this for 5days a week, is this really true.
is it worth buying.

Replies

• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    5 lbs per week is a lot and i am not quite sure possible. it is a good cardio dvd, and i think reasonably you could lose a pound per week with this plus healthy food.
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    I dont know as it says that on the 30ds you can loose 20lbs in 30 days (so 5lbs per week) but most people seem to have a lot less weight loss. The results on her workouts are very good though - I would recommend her dvds
  • heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    I've seen a lot of people who lose inches and tone up their bodies doing her 30DS so I assume that if nothing else, that'd be a similar thing to expect from that video. 5lbs per week is unhealthy in most circumstances so hopefully the fact you may not get those results doesn't deter you.
  • That's not a healthy weight loss however I bought that dvd a couple of weeks ago as i really like her 30 day shred dvd but wanted another of hers that was a longer workout and more cardio heavy. Like 30ds it is really good and you feel like you've done a really good workout. I don't do it everyday as I do bootcamp training and rotate dvds so I'm not sure how much you could lose just using BFBM but i would say you'll tone up so much that you will look like you have lost more. Remember It's not only what the scales say but also your measurements too.
  • Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    I imagine 20lbs in a month was a very unusual case, and was probably lost by someone extremely overweight, so it's technically true and can be used as a selling point.

Having said that I really love Jillian Michaels work outs. They're worth doing just to watch how insane she is.
  • annoz
    annoz Posts: 68 Member
    This is my least favorite jillian workout. I get really bored during it. I have almost all of hers and level 2 of 6 week abs is a good cardio workout. Ripped in 30 is great. I have only done level 1 of killer buns and thighs, but I liked the pace of it. As for losing 5 pounds a week, I would imagine that would be a person who has a lot of weight to lose!