How do you find the time???

Options
I work 40+ hours a week. I teach five Zumba classes a week and coach soccer two days a week. I know Zumba and soccer are giving me exercise but it's not "ME" time exercise. I need "me" time exercise.

With your busy schedule, how do you find time to exercise?

Should I wake up 30 minutes earlier? Go to bed later?

I get up with the kids and get them moving for school, then I have to get myself moving for work. After work, it's homework, Zumba, soccer, dinner, family time, etc.

Replies

• fairygirl716
    Options
    yep...get up earlier. That's what has worked for me. I hated it!! I didn't want to get up earlier, I love and need my sleep. However, I have been doing it for a week now. While I am tired, I've found that I am more organized and happier. While my time hasn't been "me" time, it has been time with my husband. We are doing the 30DS together and it has been amazing (in a painful, agonizing, I'm exercising way...lol)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    At one point I was doing what you were as an instructor and the only "me" time was at late night for about 1 hour a week. For me it was kickboxing on a bag with gloves in my basement. Maybe yoga for you?
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I exercise at lunch time.

Do you have to do everything? Hire a cleaning lady, drop 2 zumba class? We can't do everything, we have to make choices and be selfish.
  • BestBodyEver
    BestBodyEver Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I make sure that no matter what I get 7 hours of sleep a night. I go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 5am to work out. I'm a single mom, so I've got a lot on my plate with work and helping my 4 year old son (who has mild Autism Spectrum Disorder).

You really have to make the time and commitment to find time for yourself. Even though it's early, I consider 5am-6am, my time and working out is a great stress reliever. It sets the tone for the rest of the day. Even if the rest of the day is crap, I'm always happy if I've worked out in the morning.

I hope that you can squeeze in some "YOU" time. It's so important.

Good Luck!
    :wink:
  • lisacandoit1965
    lisacandoit1965 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I get out of work 1 and 1/2 hours before I have to pick up my 4 year old so I have 1 hour to walk on the treadmill :)
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    At one point I was doing what you were as an instructor and the only "me" time was at late night for about 1 hour a week. For me it was kickboxing on a bag with gloves in my basement. Maybe yoga for you?

Great idea!!!!
  • sunnydaiz
    Options
    GETTING UP EARLIER ISN'T AN OPTION FOR ME, BECAUSE I'M ALREADY UP BY 4:30 AND LATER HASN'T WORKED SINCE I HAVE TO GET UP EARLY SO THE SOLUTION FOR ME HAS BEEN TO EXERCISE ON MY LUNCH HOUR WHICH I HAVE BEEN DOING FOR A FEW WEEKS NOW AND SO FAR IT HAS WORKED OUT GREAT:happy:
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    Yep, it is so hard! I work 40+ hours a week, commute an hour and a half a day, 2 kids doing sports! House chores, bills Oh my!

I stopped exercising for a year because I couldn't "find the time". (And gained back 15 pounds of the 30 I had lost.) Recently, I finally started just making the time by getting up earlier. It hurts - lol! But I feel so much better now!

It helped for me to just start small by saying.. 20 mins. I can take 20 mins before my shower and just go outside to run. Once I started it became easier to add on time and find other times during the day, like bringing my clothes with me in the car and go for a run right after work or heading right to the gym for 40 mins before getting home.

But by getting up early 2-3 days a week it ASSURES me that it will get in. Because things always seem to come up during the day!
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    i work 40 hours too.. just gotta set that alarm early hun
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    I exercise at lunch time.

Do you have to do everything? Hire a cleaning lady, drop 2 zumba class? We can't do everything, we have to make choices and be selfish.

This was huge for me! While I can't hire a cleaning lady or hire help right now, I CAN MAKE CHOICES like coming home from work 45 mins later so I can go for a run or stop at the gym. I used to feel very guilty, but I learned I had to make some selfish choices in order to take care of myself.