172 calories left today...suggestions?

Options
edith_t
edith_t Posts: 109 Member
after a big family lunch earlier on today, i've only got 172 calories left for dinner. unfortunately not able to do any exercise due to injury, so any suggestions for a 172 calorie size snack? thanks :)

Replies

• BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is always a great filler!
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    egg whites with fresh onion and green pepper and black beans. very yummy and full of fiber and protein to keep you full for about 160cals.
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    a side salad, use dressing sparingly...half of an hard boiled egg for some protein
  • SportySpiceVT
    SportySpiceVT Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    lots of veggies!! you can have two cups of squash for less than 100 cals. Roasted or steamed with just a little salt and pepper on top is delicious. Also a big salad with light dressing can be under that depending on what you put in it.
  • lirienleigh
    Options
    salad with homemade vinaigrette !
  • isherryb
    isherryb Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I totally agree on the oatmeal!
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I would go for a big salad and add some chicken..if you go over by a few calories, it will not kill you :)
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    xBeautifulBreakdown Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    slice a raw bell pepper almost making the slices look like little cups, then use them to scoop up a yummy salsa. This is my favorite go to snack, I love bell pepper AND salsa and I can eat an entire medium bell pepper and 6 tbs of salsa for about 50 or 60 calories total. Then you can have a mini bag of 100 calorie popcorn or something like that
  • bogged_down_babe
    Options
    biiiiiiig salad with tons of veggies and light vinaigrette dressing used sparingly!
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    protein shake but going over cals for the day wont kill you I also look at weekly totals so may have more cals to spare then you realize