Polar 6 Heart Rate Monitor

Options
MOMOFTWO29
MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
I have one and it is the best thing I have ever found. I, however wondered about how to set it for the heart rate? Should I set it to my ownzone, automatic(limits are deternined using a age-based formula(220 minus age), manual(where I set my own), or turn it off for exercise with no given limits? I was just wondering b/c I want to set it right and be accurate with my calories burned.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I have one and it is the best thing I have ever found. I, however wondered about how to set it for the heart rate? Should I set it to my ownzone, automatic(limits are deternined using a age-based formula(220 minus age), manual(where I set my own), or turn it off for exercise with no given limits? I was just wondering b/c I want to set it right and be accurate with my calories burned.
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    I also just bought one of these things...and I LOOOOVE IT!!!

The way I understood the manual, the Heart Rate stuff (Own Zone, etc) doesn't have anything to do with the calorie counter...I think that stuff is just if you want to set limits/targets, etc. Worst case scenario, you set it to "Automatic" and that shoud do it!

If I'm mistaken, I'm sure someone will correct me on this :smile:

That being said, this thing is WAAAAY more accurate than the calorie counter on the machines at the gym I'm using - by a lot, it would seem.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I also just bought one of these things...and I LOOOOVE IT!!!

The way I understood the manual, the Heart Rate stuff (Own Zone, etc) doesn't have anything to do with the calorie counter...I think that stuff is just if you want to set limits/targets, etc. Worst case scenario, you set it to "Automatic" and that shoud do it!

If I'm mistaken, I'm sure someone will correct me on this :smile:

That being said, this thing is WAAAAY more accurate than the calorie counter on the machines at the gym I'm using - by a lot, it would seem.

thank you
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Options
    I have been wanting a HRM, glad to hear you like yours. I am seriously considering the kind that can be used by two different people, as I think the only way I can convince my husband I really need to spend the money on one is if it worked for the both of us--then it's half the price:wink:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    i have the polar f11, LOVE IT!!!!!. i have mine set at ownzone. i thought, it set your own personal targets for calorie burning depending on hard, mod and light.:huh: anyway polar's are great.:bigsmile:
  • chamilio
    chamilio Posts: 39
    Options
    anyone know about the F7 because if you go to the Polar web site it doesnt have the F6 or am i jus looking in the wrong area?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    anyone know about the F7 because if you go to the Polar web site it doesnt have the F6 or am i jus looking in the wrong area?

nope, I don't know anything about the f7, I got my polar from walmart.com.