Are women EVER happy with themselves?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    The question is a bit misleading in that it implies not being satisfied with some thing (presuming appearance here) means a person is unhappy.
    I am not sure that any of us,guys or ladies should ever be at a place where we can`t find something to improve on in ourselves whether it is appearance or character but we can be happy along the way.

Of course that can be taken to an extreme and become an obsession which is not a good thing.

This
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    i try to be, and some days, it really works, but other days...i just hate how i look and who i am...i guess it depends on the woman and her confidence..mine is always up and down. always has been, hopefully this changes, i always need constant reassurance, but i can at least acknowledge that this is a result of my own lack of self-confidence
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    i try to be, and some days, it really works, but other days...i just hate how i look and who i am...i guess it depends on the woman and her confidence..mine is always up and down. always has been, hopefully this changes, i always need constant reassurance, but i can at least acknowledge that this is a result of my own lack of self-confidence
    This is a lot like myself. Age is slowly helping. Sticking up for myself is slowly helping.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with myself.

Sure there are a couple part s of my life that I wish were different but that doesn't mean i'm unhappy with myself, just unhappy with those particular parts(like being unemployed)

Being unhappy with being overweight doesn't mean we're unhappy with ourselves as a whole either.

I am overweight but i know i'm still a great catch, i'm beautiful, i'm smart, i'm funny and i'm a good person. Doesn't mean I always exude this confidence lol but in my mind I know it's true.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm never, ever going to be 100% happy with my appearance. Luckily, the older I get, the less I care about how I look, and the happier I feel. :smile:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i dont think i will ever be completely satisfied, and that is okay with me...because it allows me to grow as a person ^^ I always want to improve myself, in all aspects ^^
  • harmonysdream
    harmonysdream Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Do I think I'm perfect? No
    Do I think I have lots of room to grow in all different areas of my life? Yes
    Am I happy just being an imperfect, evolving, and all around awesome person? Definitely =D

Think it's all in how you look at it really.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    i dont think i will ever be completely satisfied, and that is okay with me...because it allows me to grow as a person ^^ I always want to improve myself, in all aspects ^^

I think this is how it's supposed to be. Honestly.

Nobody should be so happy with themselves that they become stagnant as far as personal growth.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Well it comes down to a choice. . there is always something that we could be negative about and pick apart if we CHOOSE to. . . OR on the FLIPSIDE. . you can LOVE yourself as you are and make CHANGES if YOU want to. . and be content in every situation always!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I'm am not and probably will not ever be. I am at my goal weight; 5'10 and 125. I still have the jiggly thighs and jiggly bum-bum. I am still working out to get that part handled but then I will find something else that is wrong.
  • AthennasMommy
    AthennasMommy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Im happy with myself at the moment.
    I have to say Im REALLY HAPPY with myself because Im working hard to lose this weight so theres no reason to not be happy with myself <3