Is it fair the DELETE friends who use MFP as social networki

Options
andyloosbrock
andyloosbrock Posts: 175 Member
I just do not like people usng MFP as social media, like Facebook and Twitter.

MFP is more of a weight management/fitness tool, right?

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options

If that was the case, there would be no message boards.
  • leilani♥
    Options
    Do what you want this is YOUR MFP :)
  • TheTonyPony
    Options
    I like hearing how peoples days are going in relation to their fitness ie 'Great day today, stayed under my goals' etc.

But I'm not so fussed on, "My cat just farted, tee hee' sort of posts, you know?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's a swiss army knife. It has many useful tools. You can use it to just track calories, or exercise, or weight... or you could use it as an online community. Or all of the above.

If we weren't supposed to be social, it would be just myfitness.com and we wouldn't interact with each other. :wink:
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    MFP is to be used however it helps YOU to succeed. I enjoy interaction, but I'm not hard core about it. I don't high five everyone for logging their diary, but I do read posts and respond when I can.

Use it in a way that will help you to be successful and want to return. Delete friends who don't "jive" with what works for you. No harm, no foul.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    you do you, and let others do them. If you don't like the social aspect and do not like to see others use it that way, delete them. No big deal.... You use it as you feel you need to.
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options

If that was the case, there would be no message boards.
    Or newsfeeds. But, if I had any friends who didn't want to use it as a social network (I don't have any who don't), I'd prefer they delete me. We are probablly conflicting personalities anyway.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    To each his own. Your friends, your choice.
  • BIG_Lew
    BIG_Lew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    you do you, and let others do them. If you don't like the social aspect and do not like to see others use it that way, delete them. No big deal.... You use it as you feel you need to.
    Agreed Bry
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I guess don't friend me then...you wouldn't like it. My friends and I share the little daily troubles and rants and help each other deal with them. We also share the small joys that uplift the spirit. I believe emotional fitness is as important as physical fitness and that one often reflects the state of the other.

That being said, it's your choice how you wish to use MFP-do what's best for you.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    The social aspect helps to challenge me and keep me on track.
  • bry_all01
    Options
    Agreed Bry

though, I would like to point out the irony in this post........................ :flowerforyou:
  • NightSox
    NightSox Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Or, if you want, you can "hide" them, then you won't see all of their posts. You will still get their supporting comments on your own posts, but not their original posts. You can go to their page to keep up with their days, etc. without having your news feed bogged down with their dribble. I've done this with someone who always types 3 paragraph posts about 7 times a day, and it works great.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Just delete them. No one cares why you do it. Really.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Its a social network with fitness being the common bond
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options

I actually LIKE it because not only are you meeting like minded people who are keeping up with exercise and calorie goals, but I have met cool people all over the world. In fact I use fb LESS because of MFP.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

I think this thread qualifies as using it as social media! Just sayin!
  • FindingFit50s
    Options
    Agreed Bry

though, I would like to point out the irony in this post........................ :flowerforyou:

^^ WIN!
  • bry_all01
    Options
    Its a social network with fitness being the common bond

ohhhhh..... I thought hotness was the common denominator among my friends.... pretty sure it still is. :bigsmile:
  • leilani♥
    Options

I actually LIKE it because not only are you meeting like minded people who are keeping up with exercise and calorie goals, but I have met cool people all over the world. In fact I use fb LESS because of MFP.

Same here... What's FACEBOOK?