Day 1 of Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred Review

Options
2»

Replies

• bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I went for a run today for the first time since starting the shred and noticed my endurance is way up even though I haven't found the shred to be all that difficult so far (finished day 5 level 1 today). Definitely a good workout!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I'm about to do L1D5, I really love it so far. It gets easier each time.
  • ljloran
    ljloran Posts: 18
    Options
    urg, I'm still waiting for my DVD to show up. Did get out and walk/run 2 1/2 miles today.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D5. Woo!!! I'm a big girl but I did it. But I hate push-ups and jumping jacks....stupid jumping jacks are giving me shin splint issues.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Just finished day 2 morning of level one. I have decided to do this TWICE per day. Once before breakfast and once before dinner after I get home from work. Pray for me :)
  • siabevis
    Options
    Anyone else do this twice per day since its a short workout?
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Im on day 5, and it definitely a good workout. My only real problem is I feel like the DvD is intended for girls. But definately a great workout. I could do it twice a day, but I prefer to do alternate forums of exercise as well, such as karate or hockey, so I just do both in the day
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I did think about doing this twice per day, but fear I am no way strong enough yet! I've only done 2 days so far then had a bout of food poisoning that I am still recovering from. If I feel I'm starting to get stronger with it, then I may increase it to twice a day. I'm practically at my ideal weight/size now so am looking to tone up (something I have never done before!) will be very interested to hear how you get on with twice a day. Best of luck!
  • siabevis
    Options
    I did think about doing this twice per day, but fear I am no way strong enough yet! I've only done 2 days so far then had a bout of food poisoning that I am still recovering from. If I feel I'm starting to get stronger with it, then I may increase it to twice a day. I'm practically at my ideal weight/size now so am looking to tone up (something I have never done before!) will be very interested to hear how you get on with twice a day. Best of luck!

Oh no! sorry about that :( And yeah me too! I just wanna tone up my booty/thighs
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    So tell me about this....is anything needed other than the DVD to do this workout??
  • Deadbeat13
    Options
    I have heard great things about this dvd! I am so keen to try it, how much on average is it? ps i live in australia

(: I ordered mine on JB hifi's website for $15. Got here within a week (: Free delivery too
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have heard great things about this dvd! I am so keen to try it, how much on average is it? ps i live in australia

(: I ordered mine on JB hifi's website for $15. Got here within a week (: Free delivery too

Thankyou! I shall look into it
  • siabevis
    Options
    Has anyone tried the buns and thighs one? i just downloaded it online!
  • siabevis
    Options
    Also downloaded her yoga meltdown too
  • siabevis
    Options
    So tell me about this....is anything needed other than the DVD to do this workout??

a couple dumbells from what i see so far
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options

I missed what was suppose to be day 3 level 1 so to make up for it I did it twice the next day. It wasn't too bad. My legs got the rest they needed from taking that one day off and since then it's been much easier. I don't do it 2 times everyday though. Good luck if you do though!!!
  • siabevis
    Options

I missed what was suppose to be day 3 level 1 so to make up for it I did it twice the next day. It wasn't too bad. My legs got the rest they needed from taking that one day off and since then it's been much easier. I don't do it 2 times everyday though. Good luck if you do though!!!

thankyou!
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of L2 and I just want to say before you buy check your on Demand on cable if you have it. L1 & L2 are there for Free. There is a girl on Youtube who does the workout and I was just going to watch her for L3 then I found the dvd at a garage sale this weekend for .50 ! score.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

a couple dumbells from what i see so far

Thanks!!!
  • siabevis
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of L2 and I just want to say before you buy check your on Demand on cable if you have it. L1 & L2 are there for Free. There is a girl on Youtube who does the workout and I was just going to watch her for L3 then I found the dvd at a garage sale this weekend for .50 ! score.

Awesome!!