Calling All Pear-Shapes!!!!!

Options
I don't get to see a lot of pear shaped women, and a lot of people seem to think that a pear isn't "the norm" (which we all know...there is now such thing...)

Is it possible to get picks from some of you ladies so I can see what an actual pear looks like? I think im somewhere between pear and hour glass...

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Check out my profile.... i have a corset pic there, somewhere between hourglass and pear too i think. i got a lot of booty but not a whole bunch happenin up top :)
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Check out my profile.... i have a corset pic there, somewhere between hourglass and pear too i think. i got a lot of booty but not a whole bunch happenin up top :)

Yes yes, I am a pear as well. A Honkytonk Badonkadonk and not a lot of upstairs action (less and less as I lose weight lol)
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    I realize all people are different, but speaking for myself, what a woman is packing "upstairs" is nowhere near as important as what she has "in the loft" (to carry the metaphor.) I find a woman's mind far more attractive than her bust size or any other physical feature. I find a woman's mind... her intelligence, wit, charm, sensitivity, sense of humor, etc...to be far more appealing, personally.

Oh, alright... fine! I'm also a hopeless "eye" guy, too! There, I said it! Happy?! :blushing:
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    My measurements look pearish now compared to when I was bigger. But i wouldn't say I'm a pear exactly. More banana.

33-25-35 ish

i donno. My thighs are big because I'm a runner. 20 inches. and they always chafe =[ !
  • bookworm_1213
    bookworm_1213 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am a pear normally just not currently. I ran out of rooms in my thighs/rear/hips and it translated upwards. That's when I realized I actually had a weight problem... Can't wait to lose enough weight to have a pear shape again.
  • LeahWoods10
    LeahWoods10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Extreme pear here!!! My measurements now are 33-27-43, I weigh 153 lbs at 5'5. You are welcome to check out my profile/pics.
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Pear here too, 37 29 42, the first place to gain weight though is my gut and luv handles.
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Yep, definite pear! 36 31 43. Hate it but I am doing something about it! My husband, who packs it around the middle when he's not careful, sometimes jokes that between us we have a nice top half and a nice bottom half so together we're perfect!
  • Caz2678
    Caz2678 Posts: 49
    Options
    Yup i am a pear too! I have always had a flat tummy, but i have HUGE hips, thighs and calves. I carry ALL my weight on the bottom half! Well maybe with the exception of the fat on my upper arms lol

Chest: 34"
    Waist: 30"
    Hips: 40.5"

I was looking for a pic, but i have no idea how to post one lol
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm rather pearish.
    35 - 31.5 - 38.5
  • blackgirlfit
    blackgirlfit Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    check out my profile (the pics of my weight loss esp the bikini pic)

pear shapes are women who have larger hips but their top is skinny (average size boobs). small waist.

hour shape glass women are women who have larger hips and big breast as well. small waist.
  • blackgirlfit
    Options

pear shapes are women who have larger hips but their top is skinny (average size boobs). small waist.

hour shape glass women are women who have larger hips and big breast as well. small waist.
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    I always thought of myself as a pear but now someone's mentioned hourglass I think that's more me as I'm 36-32-37 although I'm never quite sure where to measure re hips and tend to go for the stomach!
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options

Oh okay I'm only a B cup but my bust and hips are fairly close in size. I'm just me I guess :p
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    So when measuring hips do people tend to go for bums rather than stomachs or somewhere in between? If as it says below it's round the butt my final measurement is much higher ;)
    Found this which might be of interest:
    "What Kind of Fruit Are You? Take your waist-to-hip ratio by wrapping a flexible measuring tape around your waist right at the belly button. Then measure around your hips at the largst part of your butt. Divide your waist measurement by your hip measurement. If this ratio is less than 0.80 you're a Pear. If it's above 0.85 you're an Apple. If it's in between you're an Avacado. BUT... if your waist-to-hip ratio is between 0.80 and 0.85, but total body fat and weight are much lower than an average Avacado's, then you're a Banana."
  • luckyprincessmelody
    Options
    I'm not sure how to post pics here but I'll try. This is me about 7 pounds lighter but you can see I'm a pear shape no matter what size I am :)

6207575796_2ee3efbbe7.jpg
    pear shape by ihateworkinglate, on Flickr
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know what "shape" I am. I have an athletic frame (under all the fat)
    I am wide in the chest with small-ish boobs, and getting smaller with the pounds dropping
    I have a "thick" waist, I carry a lot of weight on my stomach.
    And my hips are wide-ish. With skinny-ish legs.

What a sight I am!
  • blackgirlfit
    Options
    this whole time i thought I was a pear shaped but a few MFPers said my body is more hour glassy. I'm a 34c but with a good victoria secret bra they look like Ds lol.

Oh okay I'm only a B cup but my bust and hips are fairly close in size. I'm just me I guess :p
  • blackgirlfit
    Options
    lovely curves!

I'm not sure how to post pics here but I'll try. This is me about 7 pounds lighter but you can see I'm a pear shape no matter what size I am :)

6207575796_2ee3efbbe7.jpg
    pear shape by ihateworkinglate, on Flickr
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!