Birthday Gain!!! Ekkkkk!!!

Options
Ok ... so not been a good few days dietwise :huh: ... it was my birthday yesterday and its my sons today ... the weather here has been so lovely :glasses: that we decided on Friday to have a BBQ and on Sat to have a party for me and my son to celebrate :drinker: ...

Anyway my birth"day" has turned into a birth"weekend" and has resulted in a gain of 2.5lbs!!!! :ohwell:

So its Monday today and I now have to work this gain off so I can start going down again ... some hard work needed me thinks ... :grumble:

Replies

• spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!!!!

Mine was the 24th and I had the same problem. Turns out I ate way too much salt, not enough water and over did the exercise. Took me 4 days to finally get back on track. I don't think you ate that many extra calories to gain 2.5 lbs... Sounds like water retention just like mine was.

I betcha it'll fall off in a few days.
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The good news is you only have a birthday once a year :drinker: got to enjoy yourself now and again. The weight will soon drop off again.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!!
    It only happens once a year and one weekend is not going to derail your journey - the weight is probably water weight and will return to normal again soon enough.
  • tina2222
    Options
    i gained 4lbs from the weekend. Im so upset with myself! need to lose it so i can get back on track!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    No hard work.. just some extra water... cause thats all it is.. water retention.

Drink some extra today and tomorrow and you'll be back on track in no time..
  • ValerieSW
    Options
    I gained nearly 3kg (6lbs) last weekend, I was at a wedding in Ireland. We drank *a lot* (4 days of it). I was back to my prior-to-wedding weight by Thursday. I'm sure most of it was water weight and it came right back off as soon as I resumed my good habits.
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My birthday was Friday and as of this morning I'm up 3 pounds. TOM just ended too and I know I didn't over eat by that much so I'm confident the scale will be back to normal in a few days!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Birthdays are for enjoying. You'll get back on track x