Only move forward

Options
So many times I have dieted and found so many reasons to give up. One of the main reasons for giving up is messing up. I screw up and eat badly, and my mind set used to be that well "I will start tomorrow", or "I will start on the 1st or 15th", or "I will start on Monday". No more though....I have realized that you can ONLY GO FORWARD.

Replies

• Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!!! You can do this!!!:smile:
  • puppywalker
    puppywalker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite quotes.... "If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."

It can be difficult to stay motivated sometimes, but keep pressing on despite setbacks and you will do it!
  • daves160
    Options
    So true!. You can look at it kind of like walking. If you trip while walking, do you just sit down and never walk again? Of course not. So why quit trying to get in shape if you trip? Just like you said "Only move forward". There is no other choice.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    and you have to realize that this is NOT a "diet" this is a lifestyle change. This is a "i'm going to make better food choices" not a "i've been trying this new diet where I go all day without eating.. then when I feel like i'm going to faint.. I eat a cube of cheese" type of choice.

when people "diet"... they lose weight.. then as soon as they stop "dieting" they gain it all back.
    Good luck and congrats on your forward thinking!!!!
  • amyjo5879
    Options
    Everyone is so right!!! Thank you all!!! :-)