Lose a PUMPKIN by Halloween Challenge *OPEN Group*

Options

Replies

• earthymom
    earthymom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm going to throw out a weekend challenge for everyone. (I hope I'm allowed to do that. :))

Let's keep it general. This weekend, complete at least 1 FULL HOUR of exercise. You can do it all at once or break it up into shorter workout sessions. Do cardio, strength, whatever you prefer.

Have a great, guiltless, healthy weekend!
  • earthymom
    earthymom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am late on the challenge for the week, so i thought of a great mini challenge....

Often on saturdays & sundays we sleep in if not working, for tomorrow and sunday wake up a lil early and do 60 min of cardio in addition to the workout you already have planned. Have a great weekend and Stay strong, monday weigh in will be here soon! :)

Great minds think alike! ;)
  • cre8freedom
    cre8freedom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    09/30 SW- 197 lbs
    GW by Halloween- 189 lbs.
    What Im willing to do to lose the weight? - Alcohol
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- A fun outfit for Halloween in New York
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- Stick to the plan!! Exercise 5 times a week
  • alirae75
    Options
    Great idea! My name is Alison and I just joined MFP this morning. I have been working on my weight loss over the past month and have lost 8 pounds! Hopefully this will help to keep me motivated!

09/02 SW- 169
    09/30 CW- 162
    GW by Halloween - 155

What I'm planning to do to lose the weight? Drink more water and exercise 5 days a week!
    What will my reward be? A new outfit as I haven't purchased any from the 8 pounds I've already lost.
    What will I do differently in this challenge? This is my first challenge, so I'm not sure.
  • Ready2BEthin
    Ready2BEthin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome new people.... Can I add that if you start to have trouble with your eating or working out and your goal truely is to lose your goal weight by Halloween, I suggest visiting a Party City, Halloween Store, or even Walmart and Target. go though the isle and instead of our usual regret of how you can't fit into anything other then the plus size, INSTEAD pick out what you really want to be. You dont have to purchase it just think how you would look in that costume, think of the compliments you are going to recieve.... Then if you wake up and decide to eat that bad food and want to skip workout think of the day in the Halloween isle... Ask your self do you want to spend Halloween with joy or regret for not meeting the goal. Every year I spend it with regret, this year I'm determined at all cost, I will reach my goal! Keep up the good work everyone! :)
  • LynnieSkinny
    Options
    9/28- 154
    10/1- 153
    1 Lb Pumpkin... 9 to go :happy:

I am going to restart the 30 Day Shred tonight. I WILL make it the full 30 days this time! (In the past I've made it to 18 and that was my farthest I've been.) I did the squat challenge and I am up early this morning for a walk. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
  • slender_sunshine
    Options
    Due to an impending visit from my friend TOM, being sick, and a weekend full of the saltiest foods ever (at least I hope that's all it is :grumble: ) I am actually UP 2 pounds. Weighed in at 155. I'm back on track with keeping my salt down and drinking plenty of water, though, so we'll see how it goes.
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Update:

GFreg - Greg
    SW - 370
    9/26 - 363.3
    CW 10/3 - 360.2
    GW - 355
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in

so far lost 3.5lbs
  • salvarado08
    salvarado08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Second Monday Check In: 188.6

Only down about a half pound, but even that is good considering the night I had. I took my nephew out to dinner as a treat and went WAY overboard. I see a LOT of sweating in my future :)

I wasn't able to do the challenge because I didn't see it until Saturday afternoon, but I did work out both days anyway - just not in the morning.

I want to lose a pumpkin! My lovely pumpkin shall be 10 lbs. Sorry I'm a little late at joining :)

9/22 SW - 193
    9/26 - 189
    GW by Halloween- 183 (10 lb pumpkin)
    What Im willing to do to lose the weight? - Continue tracking and complete all the mini-challenges
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- Take hubby to the movies
    What will I do differently in this challenge than other challenges tried before?- I too am just starting on MFP and my first round of challenges. I am just learning the ropes and doing my best!
    [/quote]
  • Lindsey_81
    Lindsey_81 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    9/26 172.4

10/3 168.8

I wanted a 8 lbs pumpkin so I have 4.4 lbs to go!!!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in:

9/19 SW- 180.8
    9/25- 177.7
    10/3- 176.4
    GW by Halloween- 169
    What I'm willing to do to lose the weight? - Limit my chocolate/sweets intake
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- Fun Halloween costume for party I'm throwing
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- First challenge, but goal is to stick with it!
  • aphillips8180
    aphillips8180 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just checking in! I've lost 5.6 lbs so far. Any challenges this week? I missed the weekend one. However, I did exercise. =)
  • Update

SW
    9/20/2011
    CW
    10/3/2011
    GW
    10/31/2011---144
  • megarooni
    megarooni Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in: 217
    I had a long weekend and am working on getting back on track. I can still hit my goal!!!
    I also did the 200 squats from the week 1 challange as I joined the group late.

Great work everyone keep it up!
  • alirae75
    Options
    Monday weigh in: 162. Big weekend so thankful for no change!
  • Ready2BEthin
    Ready2BEthin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    10/3/11-213 :) not a big loss, but still a loss. im happy
  • dimpwnc
    Options
    Hi! First challenge...thanks, this is a great idea!
    I'm starting a little late, so trying to lose a 6lb pumpkin....
    10/03 SW- 154 lbs.
    GW by Halloween- 148 lbs.
    What I'm willing to do to lose the weight? - Count my calories--and stick to it this time! Give up all sweets whose calories I can't count :-)
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- Buy a good book
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?--haven't tried a group challenge before !
  • imjustlisa
    imjustlisa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    monday weigh in 131
  • Wendy33510
    Options
    Sorry, I'm a day late.
    I'm at 166.4 this morning which is only a .0.4 loss from last week. Disappointing but I had to start a steroid pack on Friday so I believe that has affected me, and I did eat too much that first day on them.

Hope everyone is doing well!