Life's New Journey October Challenge

Options

Replies

• ABetterBalance
    Options
    It is great to see some of you already entering your challenges and goals on the spread sheet. We will all work through this together. I am excited for Oct 3.

Question about the database. It asks for a long term goal, and a short term challenge goal. How long is this challenge running, exactly? Just October?
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Question about the database. It asks for a long term goal, and a short term challenge goal. How long is this challenge running, exactly? Just October?
    [/quote]

To answer your question, the long term goal is the weight you want to be when you are done and the short term goals are for each week. I am hoping to continue this every month. I will have a new spread sheet for each month. I hope that helps.
  • MelissaSel
    MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It said I don't have permission to open... try again please?
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Monday Morning to All,
    The spread sheet has been updated and hopefully sent to all that wanted to join. We still have a week before we start but if you have any questions so far please let me know.

If there is anybody else that would like to join, just let me know. Hope you have a great day.
  • MelissaSel
    MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Still not able to open it. Can you please re-send, or give permission... or whatever is needed? Thanks!
  • kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I thought it would be nice if everbody writes a bit of themselves.

My name is Katharina, I'm 27 years old and mother of a 3years old son. I live in Hamburg Germany and I began my journey at 28.8.2011. I wnat to loose weight , because i don't like what I see. i don't want to be just a boring mummy, I want to fell atractive and fit.
    I already noticed mayor changes in my behaviour and I#m a lot more active. And the best is: I really like it. It is as if I wasn't alive for years. I want to loose 50 kg/100lbs.
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Only 6 days til our first weigh-in!!!!

That is a great idea Katharina. I am 44 years old, married 23 years, and have 2 sons (21 & 18). I started my weight loss journey Sept of last year hopefully for the last time. I have struggled with my weight all my life and have lost and regained the same 10-50 lbs countless times. I have finally realized that it is a lifestyle change that I had to make to succeed. I am addicted to this site and it has been a major part of my success. I look forward to getting to know everybody, helping you through struggles, and celebrating your successes.

Good luck to everybody.
  • kathas0trophal
    Options
    for me it is not only a lifestyle change, it is choosing the right and even better lifestyle.

and everyone can add as a friend
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Good Monday Morning to All,
    The spread sheet has been updated and hopefully sent to all that wanted to join. We still have a week before we start but if you have any questions so far please let me know.

If there is anybody else that would like to join, just let me know. Hope you have a great day.

I haven't received mine yet
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    I thought it would be nice if everbody writes a bit of themselves.

Great idea!

I'm 27 (28 in December) and I've been married for 9 years to my high school sweetheart. We have an 8 year old son and a 6 year old daughter and live in MS. For me, this is a return to an active lifestyle.

I first became passionate about health and fitness in 2006, and I lost around 50lbs and maintained that loss for several years. In the last year or two, I've allowed stress, work & family obligations, and my struggle with depression and anxiety lead to binge eating and cutting out exercise. I'm trying to repair the damage I've done to myself!
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Welcome to the group Betterbalance. I am super excited to get going with this. Only 5 more days.

There is still lots of room for anybody that wants a friendly competition that keeps you accountable and gives a little push :wink: on a weekly and monthly basis.

I will be added in some daily food and exercise challenges so stay tuned. ;)
  • kodijhill
    kodijhill Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    count me in please please please good motivation
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    Just a little bit about myself.... Hi my name is Kim and I'm 32 years old and I'm dedicated to making healthy lifestyle changes. I've been on the weight loss journey many times in my life and hope this is the last time and pray the healthy lifestyle sticks with me. Please feel free to add me as a friend.....Good Luck to everyone!! :drinker:
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Welcome to Everybody. Tomorrow is October 3rd and the start of "Life's New Journey October Challenge" Hopefully you all got your email. I am super excited!!! One thing I forget to say in the email is that if you want to change your name in the first column to your actual first name instead of your mfp name then by all means go ahead. It makes things a little more personal. If you have any questions please let me know.

If there is anybody else that would like to join in send me a message and I'll add you.

Happy Journey and Keep Smiling :smile:
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone Lets shake the weight off and have an awesome journey through October.!!!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Ok all checked in except tomorrow's starting weight. It's gonna be a great month! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kathas0trophal
    Options
    Everything is loged now. the weight is in kg. i.'m very excited and I'm glad that i do Not have to do this all on my own.
  • bluesstarz
    bluesstarz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Amanda! I am 25 years old married to my husband Chris of almost 5 years. We have a 3 year old daughter who is the light of my life. I was diagnosed with Hasimotos last September and had my thyroid removed May of this year. I was also diagnosed with Papillary carcinoma in June but all is well now. So now weightloss is a little harder but I just need to stay motivated and push forward. I'm trying to change my whole way of thinking about food.
  • bluesstarz
    bluesstarz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    P.S. Anyone that wants to add me, please do! I need all the motivation and friends I can get! :-)
  • cebbert
    cebbert Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it!