Where do I find 128g of protein in one day!!??

Options
Having an hard, .... scratch that, IMPOSSIBLE time getting 128g of protein without destroying my carb count for the day.

Is there a secret hiding place for protein that I don't know about??!! I eat almonds, cheese, chicken, ..., anyone know anymore sources of protein?

Thanks!!

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition sells it in a can.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Cottage cheese, greek yogurt, beef, pork, fish...

why so much protein then?
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    Exactly....50 grams plus the 8 in milk when mixed with 2 scoops of protein powder.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Pouches of tuna are a great source of protein with very few calories and I dont' think any carbs.
  • Lexanna_Cdn
    Lexanna_Cdn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was pretty surprised at how much protein is in a glass of skim milk! seriously, it can make a big difference, also, try getting some low fat spaghetti sauce, no meat added, and throw in a half a can of "rinsed" chick peas or lentils or my favourite lima beans, add some light parmesan cheese, whatever vegetables you want and go that route, it's awesome!
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I just started having a protein shake an hour after my morning workout (50g) also I changed some of my snacks - I will have chicken cutlet wrapped in lettuce or just plain - I'm learning as I go - last week I had a "fish week" lunch and dinner but I would say do the protein shake.....
  • SarahxCheesecake
    SarahxCheesecake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Quinoa....pron: key noir
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    A can of tuna has 37g of protein and only 140 cals.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition gold standard whey, great flavor and mixes easy.
  • brvanover
    Options
    I small can of tuna has 100 cals and 22 g of protein.
    If you mix it with hard boiled eggs your protein will go up even more and for not many calories
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Not my fav... but Tuna.. One can has 42g of protien and 0 carbs.
  • Charrah
    Charrah Posts: 60
    Options
    Hi

I am a high protein/low carber too and I tend to eat the same foods everyday as I know they work for me. They include smoked salmon, tuna, tofu, fat free yoghurt, cottage cheese, salmon fillets and nuts as a treat. I don't eat meat (Only fish as I am a pescatarian) but seem to get all my protein every day.

I hope this helps.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Quinoa, I use it in recipes that I would have used pasta or rice in the past. It's delicious, and really filling!
  • cluvenit
    cluvenit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    voskos yogurt (9 carbs 23 g protein), 4 egg whites 1 yolk, isoflex protein shakes (27g zero carbs).... After my morning workout- these are my 3 GO TO foods. excellent source of protein in all!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm... yum, I've having a tuna sandwich for lunch today now! Thanks for the reminder I've been craving fish like crazy. :tongue:
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    turkey is the best for meats, cottage cheese, eggs but be careful for the fat, eventually go for two whites for one yolk.
    Peas/beans. Soy products.

Kashi go lean cereals can pack a good 13g of proteins, that's a good start in the morning.

Of course whey protein can help you as well, but I try to keep it low, I dont want to depend on it.

best option for me is dry pressed cottage with low sodium, it's one of the easiest add on to reach that goal
  • bogged_down_babe
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Jeez I love this site, it's so nice feeling like other people CARE that I'm working on losing weight.

So the results are in.....(drum roll please)

PROTEIN POWDER IT IS!!
  • pinknsassyemt
    pinknsassyemt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Shrimp, Greek Yougart, Kashi Go Lean are my favs.. canned chicken or tuna, lunch meat
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    What everyone else has said. I eat tuna, eggs, chicken, cottage cheese, low fat or fat free greek yoghurt and protein shakes!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Add a protein powder shake and ½ can of tuna as a snack, it's delicious with a 1/4 tsp of hot sauce. Nuts and beans are sources of protein but they are equally sources of carbs so personally, I feel their benefit is counteracted by their carbs hence why it's hard for vegetarians to be very lean. I feel the same way about Greek yogurt b/c in order for it to not taste like unflavored mush you need to add fruit or buy the fruit kinds and then that ads 20+g of carbs.