Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Where do I find 128g of protein in one day!!??

Having an hard, .... scratch that, IMPOSSIBLE time getting 128g of protein without destroying my carb count for the day.

Is there a secret hiding place for protein that I don't know about??!! I eat almonds, cheese, chicken, ..., anyone know anymore sources of protein?

Thanks!!

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Optimum Nutrition sells it in a can.
  • Cottage cheese, greek yogurt, beef, pork, fish...

why so much protein then?
  • Exactly....50 grams plus the 8 in milk when mixed with 2 scoops of protein powder.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Pouches of tuna are a great source of protein with very few calories and I dont' think any carbs.
  • Lexanna_Cdn
    Lexanna_Cdn Posts: 12 Member
    I was pretty surprised at how much protein is in a glass of skim milk! seriously, it can make a big difference, also, try getting some low fat spaghetti sauce, no meat added, and throw in a half a can of "rinsed" chick peas or lentils or my favourite lima beans, add some light parmesan cheese, whatever vegetables you want and go that route, it's awesome!
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    I just started having a protein shake an hour after my morning workout (50g) also I changed some of my snacks - I will have chicken cutlet wrapped in lettuce or just plain - I'm learning as I go - last week I had a "fish week" lunch and dinner but I would say do the protein shake.....
  • SarahxCheesecake
    SarahxCheesecake Posts: 169 Member
    Quinoa....pron: key noir
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    A can of tuna has 37g of protein and only 140 cals.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Optimum nutrition gold standard whey, great flavor and mixes easy.
  • I small can of tuna has 100 cals and 22 g of protein.
    If you mix it with hard boiled eggs your protein will go up even more and for not many calories
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Not my fav... but Tuna.. One can has 42g of protien and 0 carbs.
  • Charrah
    Charrah Posts: 60
    Hi

I am a high protein/low carber too and I tend to eat the same foods everyday as I know they work for me. They include smoked salmon, tuna, tofu, fat free yoghurt, cottage cheese, salmon fillets and nuts as a treat. I don't eat meat (Only fish as I am a pescatarian) but seem to get all my protein every day.

I hope this helps.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Quinoa, I use it in recipes that I would have used pasta or rice in the past. It's delicious, and really filling!
  • cluvenit
    cluvenit Posts: 23 Member
    voskos yogurt (9 carbs 23 g protein), 4 egg whites 1 yolk, isoflex protein shakes (27g zero carbs).... After my morning workout- these are my 3 GO TO foods. excellent source of protein in all!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Mmmmmm... yum, I've having a tuna sandwich for lunch today now! Thanks for the reminder I've been craving fish like crazy. :tongue:
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    turkey is the best for meats, cottage cheese, eggs but be careful for the fat, eventually go for two whites for one yolk.
    Peas/beans. Soy products.

Kashi go lean cereals can pack a good 13g of proteins, that's a good start in the morning.

Of course whey protein can help you as well, but I try to keep it low, I dont want to depend on it.

best option for me is dry pressed cottage with low sodium, it's one of the easiest add on to reach that goal
  • Thanks everyone! Jeez I love this site, it's so nice feeling like other people CARE that I'm working on losing weight.

So the results are in.....(drum roll please)

PROTEIN POWDER IT IS!!
  • pinknsassyemt
    pinknsassyemt Posts: 68 Member
    Shrimp, Greek Yougart, Kashi Go Lean are my favs.. canned chicken or tuna, lunch meat
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    What everyone else has said. I eat tuna, eggs, chicken, cottage cheese, low fat or fat free greek yoghurt and protein shakes!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Add a protein powder shake and ½ can of tuna as a snack, it's delicious with a 1/4 tsp of hot sauce. Nuts and beans are sources of protein but they are equally sources of carbs so personally, I feel their benefit is counteracted by their carbs hence why it's hard for vegetarians to be very lean. I feel the same way about Greek yogurt b/c in order for it to not taste like unflavored mush you need to add fruit or buy the fruit kinds and then that ads 20+g of carbs.