October Calorie Burn Challenge - Week 1

Options
This is the new thread for our October Calorie Burn Challenge - week #1.....

Here is the link for our Google Docs spreadsheet.... be sure to save it to your favorites so you can enter your information on it EVERYDAY!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuNcw4U_pKc-dGV0QkxhdVA3SEFmTGlaajR4MkN5V0E&hl=en_US

I'll run down how the challenge is going to work again, be sure to let me know if you have a question....

EXPLAINING THE CHALLENGE.....

You can do any type of exercising you choose, and then simply add up the calories burned (daily). All we are going to report are the total calories burned each day, weather you are under your calorie goal and drink 8+ glasses of water each day. Typically we need a "rest" day each week, and you can make whatever day you prefer to be your "rest" day. Also, Sundays will be our weigh-in and measurements day.

We will enter our weight loss each Sunday, but we will also be taking our measurements and using that as well for points. We will measure in 5 areas - upper arm (bicep), chest, waist, hips, and thigh. Remember that for arms and thighs, you need to measure BOTH arms/legs, or measure one and double the number. DON'T WORRY! You don't have to post your measurements, just post the total number. Each week you will receive 1 (one) point for each inch that is lost and 1 (one) point for each pound that is lost (weekly).

Week #1 will require a minimum of 2000 calories burned
Week #2 will require a minimum of 2500 calories burned.
Week #3 will require a minimum of 3000 calories burned.
Week #4 will require a minimum of 3500 calories burned.

and this will continue to go UP in November!!

THE POINT SYSTEM .......

The point system will be based on every 1000 calories burned.

In other words, 1000 calories burned = 1 point
2000 calories burned = 2 points
3000 calories burned = 3 points
etc. etc. etc.

(Don't worry! You don't have to do any tough calculating - the formulas are built into the Google Doc that we are going to be using!!) Just be sure that on the spreadsheet you are putting in the total amount of calories you burned for that day. The formula is built in that will convert that number to "points".

GOOGLE DOCS.......

The spreadsheet for everyone to keep track of their own progress (including points, weight, and inches lost) will be on Google Docs. Google Docs is a shared spreadsheet that is out on the internet that everyone on the team can go to, view, and post to!

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT IN THIS CONTEST YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO LOG YOUR OWN POINTS AND WEIGHT AND INCHES LOST.

If you are interested in being in this challenge, please let me know!! You can post here if you have any questions, or send me a private message.

I'm looking forward to LOSING in October!!

You can continue to post here if you want to encourage others, and/or let others know what types of exercises you did that particular day - and please do try to drop in every couple of days - so that we can all get to know each other!!

Replies

• amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I need to continue working on my stomach and my abs in October.... so my personal challenge is going to be ab crunches.

I am going to commit to doing 600 this week.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    For my weekly challenges I will be making it a goal to meet the challenge of this toning group thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/353448-oct-schedule-for-beth-s-angels-toning-group-anyone-is-welc?page=1#posts-4849856

Those that were on the Amazing_Grace team in Aug or Sept know that following a set schedule of exercises is a challenge for me. So I will be working on toning and doing "as told" exercises this whole month.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I need to work on this belly too, so I am aiming for 250 crunches 4x this week (after my runs). Wish my poor abs some luck!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I need to work on this belly too, so I am aiming for 250 crunches 4x this week (after my runs). Wish my poor abs some luck!

Wow!! You GO girl!! I only "WISH" I could do that many..... LOL....
  • carriel1976
    carriel1976 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I always do a good job of getting my cardio in so my personal challenge is to strength train at least 3xs this week.
  • moon_light10
    Options
    need to do something to get flab off my tum, bum, and thighs, so this week going to aim for

300 crunches
    300 sit ups and
    400 russian twists (think thats wot they're called)
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    need to do something to get flab off my tum, bum, and thighs, so this week going to aim for

300 crunches
    300 sit ups and
    400 russian twists (think thats wot they're called)

Wow!! Now THAT's what I call a challenge!! Whoo hoo!! Impressive!!
  • TheGreatYaYa
    TheGreatYaYa Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My abs definitely need extra work, so my personal challenge this week is to do 500 crunches.
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i also will do crunches - 500 and 90 min cardio
  • carriel1976
    Options
    I am going to change my personal goal to 700 crunches for the week. Thats 100 a day so it should be doable-even though its been awhile since I've done them.
  • caza6464
    Options
    My personal challenge is to do 300 crunches over the week so on an average i will do 50 a day, then i can increase on a weekly basis:happy:
  • cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    For the first week of October, I will do for my personnal challenge:

- 1000 abs / week
    - 1000 skip row jump / week
    - 250 push ups (girl ones, on the knees) / week

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    For the first week of October, I will do for my personnal challenge:

- 1000 abs / week
    - 1000 skip row jump / week
    - 250 push ups (girl ones, on the knees) / week

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

@cath1717 - OK girl - are you just trying to make the rest of us look bad?? Haha. Just kidding. :noway:
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Today I did:

3.5 mph walk during 20 min. break at work = burned 100 calories
    C25K walk/run - burned 419 calories
    elliptical machine = burned 58 calories
    102 crunches :drinker:

Total burned today 577 calories!! :drinker:
  • carriel1976
    Options
    So I did really well today I burned 700 calories between walking and my recumbent bike. I completed my 100 crunches. The only challenge I didn't finish was the easiest one-I didn't drink enough! I have always been bad about this.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Today, took my walks during my breaks, Walking, 3.0 mph, 20mins burning 85 calories and 75 squats for my personal challenge, Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort 15mins burning 155 calories. Total that is 230 calories... leaving 1770 for the week... plan on running Wed before classes and that will be some great calories!!!

I did go over m calories, but I ate out this evening to meet up with my parents for bowling. I think that was worth it :wink:

I did get all my water in but only 8 glasses :blushing:

Great work everyone! :bigsmile:
  • cath1717
    Options
    MONDAY OCTOBER 3RD,

I did:

- C25K on my lunch time: 305 calorie burned
    - Walk with my dog after work: 174 calorie burned
    - Boxe Lesson at night: 619 calorie burned
    TOTAL CALORIE BURNED: 1098

- Jumping rope 200 / 1000 for the week
    - Abs: 125 / 1000 for the week
    - Push ups: 20 / 250 for the week

*** Q U E S T I O N ***
    In the DOC Google, how do we calculate the "Personnal Challenge"? I see that Amazing have 102 points. How you arrived at that number? I don't know what to do with this row? Help :embarassed:

*** P O S T C A R D ***
    To Steve, Shirley and Melissa, your postcards are in the mail! :wink:

Have a nice day!

Cath1717
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    *** Q U E S T I O N ***
    In the DOC Google, how do we calculate the "Personnal Challenge"? I see that Amazing have 102 points. How you arrived at that number? I don't know what to do with this row? Help!

@cath1717 - that row is not points. It is how many of the ab crunches that i did on Monday. I saw that you have several things that you are committing to for this week, if i was you, i would log it on the thread like you are already doing ....

- Jumping rope 200 / 1000 for the week
    - Abs: 125 / 1000 for the week
    - Push ups: 20 / 250 for the week

and in the personal challenge line for each day you can put the number that you do (add everything together).
    That's just a suggestion - that's what I would do if it were me.

For example: you committed to a TOTAL of 2250 things this week (I added the totals together).
    So under Monday's personal challenge line, you would enter 345 (which is how many of those things that you did Monday).

Does that make sense?
    Please let me know if you still have questions.....
  • cath1717
    Options
    Very clear :glasses: thanks :wink:
  • cath1717
    Options
    TUESDAY OCTOBER 4TH,

I am sick I got the flu :sick: and it sucks (is that a bad word for english people?? I speak french and for us it isn't... sorry if it is... let me know please :smile: )

BUT I still did:

- Walk with my dog after work: 134 calorie burned
    - C25K + personnal challenges after my walk: 365 calorie burned
    TOTAL CALORIE BURNED: 499

- Jumping rope 400 / 1000 for the week
    - Abs: 325 / 1000 for the week
    - Push ups: 50 / 250 for the week

- Under calories
    - More than 10 glass of water

Have a nice day! :flowerforyou:

Cath1717