Dont drink water?

Options
This may come across a very stupid question :laugh:
But is it still possible to lose weight if you dont drink water at all? I mean cups of water as your ment to drink atleast 2litres aday?
Very rare i have water and thats only in robinsons fruit squash or a cup of tea now and again :embarassed:

Jade x

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    IDK what the answer is but I know I can't stand plain water. I always have to flavor mine. If I flavor it, it's easy for me to get in the 8 cups per day, if I don't flavor it, it's torture to try and choke down even 1 cup.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    yes, you can lose weight without drinking water (assuming you're drinking enough liquids so you don't dehydrate). there are benefits to drinking water...some of which aid the fat loss process...but you can lose weight without it.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Yes of course you can, just perhaps at a slower rate.

Water flushes out your body and keeps your organs running properly.
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've noticed my weight drops most when I increase my water consumption. I don't know about NOT losing weight at all, but it comes off faster when I do and I don't look so puffy.
  • melissabee31
    Options
    It may be possible to lose weight, but water is essential to your body, regardless of your weight goals. It's not only likely but probably unavoidable to retain water if you are not drinking any. If you retain water, you will weigh more on the scale, feel bloated, and feel like you are unable to lose weight.

Please, PLEASE drink water. Even if it's half of what you "should have" a day. That is a lot better than none!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    IDK what the answer is but I know I can't stand plain water. I always have to flavor mine. If I flavor it, it's easy for me to get in the 8 cups per day, if I don't flavor it, it's torture to try and choke down even 1 cup.

I also hated plain water...until I made myself commit to drinking it. within a relatively short period of time, I came really enjoy plain water. I drink sobe lifewater at times as well... but mostly drink plain water. its very satisfying once you start drinking it.
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options

I also hated plain water...until I made myself commit to drinking it. within a relatively short period of time, I came really enjoy plain water. I drink sobe lifewater at times as well... but mostly drink plain water. its very satisfying once you start drinking it.

Agree. I used to hate water. Then I stopped drinking anything but water for 30 days. And now I don't mind it at all, I drink 10 glasses a day, and my body quite likes being properly hydrated.
  • Scoobies87
    Options
    Glad you posted this. I went to see a urologist last week having been complaining that I need to pee ALL THE TIME. She asked me for my height and weight and said for me, I only need 1,250ml of liquids a day. She said that that can be ANYTHING not just water.

I am not disputing how good water is for you (it is!!!), however if you don't like water, you don't have to drink it. Up until a few weeks ago I just drank tea and still lose weight. I force myself to drink it because It helps my skin, but I'd rather have tea any day :P
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is possible to lose weight this way however, I do know that it is extremely unhealthy. Water cleanses the body internally and the body requires water to function. If you work out you may become light headed and may even have to be hospitalized for IV hydration. Not drinking water puts a major strain on all of your organs especially your kidneys. I am surprised that you don't already experience frequent constipation along with urinary and kidney infections as a result of this.

Try squeezing fresh lemon or orange into your water. You'll get used to it and your body will thank you.

P.S. The more water I drink the better my complexion looks and feels too ... just an added bonus :)
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    If you don't drink water, then your body becomes dehydrated and people are proned to strokes (that's what a nurse told me!!!) I know, my son had a stroke at 21 years old!! He's okay now...the nurse told him to always drink plenty of water. Besides, your body including your brain is made up of 80-95% water...you have give your body what it needs to function. I hope you make the decision to drink water. :drinker:
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    While water isn't required to lose weight, don't be surprised to see your weight flucuate back and forth because of the water retention. Yes you can drink other kinds of fluids but mostly everything else has calories.

More water in = more water out = less water weight.
  • MyBeautyIsSkinDeep
    Options
    I could believe you could lose weight with out dranking water, but the body needs it , water helps flushes the system out and your kidneys would love you , with that said water would help alot in weight lost!!!:bigsmile:
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I used to hate plain water too! but I started slow with flavored water, crystal lite that type thing! Now plain water is all I drink. I drink about 64-80 ounces of water a day now and feel great!

You can lose without it, but your body will appreciate it if you water it!
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I think you can do what you want as long as you do not get dehydrated.

Your liver's primary function is to metabolize fat, but it also helps out the kidneys when they do not get enough water. So if your liver is busy helping out the dehydrated kidneys, then it wont metabolize as much fat. .. This is my understanding .. and what I have read.
  • jennimackhcggal
    Options
    I like chia seeds in my water---makes it more interesting to drink it and I drink it all every time. Without the seeds...It is hard for me to get down unless I am in the middle of a P90X workout! I like it w/ Lime as well---yum!
  • StacyFrisbie
    StacyFrisbie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water too, I was a Diet Pepsi addict. Then I read the latest research on diet soda and that did it for me. The carbonation eats at your stomach, depletes your bones of calcium, and tricks your brain into incorrect insulin release causing more cravings. I'm having less cravings now, and feel full after even small meals. I like to cut up oranges and put them in a pitcher with my filtered water. It looks more appetizing, and it tastes good, so I drink more! Hope that helps!
  • melissabee31
    Options
    Glad you posted this. I went to see a urologist last week having been complaining that I need to pee ALL THE TIME. She asked me for my height and weight and said for me, I only need 1,250ml of liquids a day. She said that that can be ANYTHING not just water.

I am not disputing how good water is for you (it is!!!), however if you don't like water, you don't have to drink it. Up until a few weeks ago I just drank tea and still lose weight. I force myself to drink it because It helps my skin, but I'd rather have tea any day :P

That's really interesting. I enjoy drinking water, but I am so sick of needing to pee all the freaking time! I usually put lemon in my water so it's more like super diet lemonade, but still. Maybe I will cut back on the water a little. Because having to go like 4 times in an hour is just stupid.
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Also, drinking other fluids in place of water entirely strains your kidneys and increases your risk of kidney and bladder/urinary tract infections especially drinks that are high in sugar. These sorts of infections will cause frequent and painful urination.
  • Scoobies87
    Options

That's really interesting. I enjoy drinking water, but I am so sick of needing to pee all the freaking time! I usually put lemon in my water so it's more like super diet lemonade, but still. Maybe I will cut back on the water a little. Because having to go like 4 times in an hour is just stupid.

I pee that much too!! And I have to get up in the night 3-5 times! :(
  • Jade1x
    Jade1x Posts: 166
    Options
    I used to hate water too, I was a Diet Pepsi addict. Then I read the latest research on diet soda and that did it for me. The carbonation eats at your stomach, depletes your bones of calcium, and tricks your brain into incorrect insulin release causing more cravings. I'm having less cravings now, and feel full after even small meals. I like to cut up oranges and put them in a pitcher with my filtered water. It looks more appetizing, and it tastes good, so I drink more! Hope that helps!

This is actually a great idea with the ornages!! Never though of this before im defo going to try it thanks :bigsmile:
    And im a pepsi max lover too! used to be cherry coke and i thought i was doing myself good by cutting down to diet obz not :huh:
    Im going to try an cut down and start with water as loads of people said they feel loads better :) Thanks stace :) xx