What's your Mini Challenge?

Options
September was not my greatest month since I started MFP last May. I am back on track for October but looking for more ways to motivate myself and keep myself accountable.

Please share with me and with anyone else who might be curious. What mini goals or challenges do you give yourself to stay motivated and how have they worked for you.

Thanks in advance to all MFP's

Replies

• tnic86
    tnic86 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing abdominal crunches and planks every day! :)
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My mini goal right now is a 5K on Oct 22. Its paid for already now I just need to run.....
  • luvlite2
    Options
    Weekly it's different...Not to eat carbs for a week..And by carbs I mean the "white ones"...done
    Workout 5 days this week....done
    Eat more "fresh" vegetables one week...done
    It all seems to be working..but I've broken up my weight loss in quarters of 25lbs for my bigger goals. What are some of yours? Just curious now since you asked.
  • mmcneil03
    Options
    I'm with you - I had a bad September too! Sometimes it's easier to set small goals for yourself, i.e. make each weight goal 5lbs or 10lbs instead of giving yourself bigger goals of 25lbs, etc. It's much more rewarding to reach a small goal many times rather than a big goal one time!!! Congrats on your weight loss!!!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    My 'challenge' is the weekend. My goal for the week is to get through this weekend without making bad choices and blowing everything that I've been working so hard for. Ultimately my first goal is to get into my ski clothes. I have 10 pounds to lose to get there so I hung up my ski jacket and pants and taped a little note that says, 'Lose 10 lbs, Wear me' and it has an arrow pointing to my ski clothes. I hung it in the hall so that everyone can see it. Next monday, I'll update my note when I weigh in. This morning my husband held up my jacket and said to me, "don't forget about this today honey." So I'm not going to!!!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    My mini goal right now is a 5K on Oct 22. Its paid for already now I just need to run.....

an FSU fan living in Gainsville? Oh the hipocracy!!! You must take abuse on a daily basis.

Go 'Noles!!

My goal: needing all new pants by Halloween....about 9 pounds should do it. Then only 4 pounds in November to reach the main goal.
  • tunktunk5583
    tunktunk5583 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    For the most part, I am very disciplined about exercise and diet during the week. However between Friday night through Saturday night, I am free from counting calories (meaning I can have more than 1 glass of wine or eat some fries). So I use the weekends as my motivation and it helps me push myself during the weekdays. So far it's worked!

10437305.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My first goal is to get under 160 even if it is 159.5 I'm at 163.5 currently i was at 161 on saturday...I ate out last night so im hoping that most of that is water weight. I've been peeing every half hour today and drinking TONS of water! Aiming for 100oz today so far 64 down!! thats means two more bottles to go! I got this!

Second mini goal is to get under 150 even if thats 149.5.

Next goal is to get to 139 (the weight i was when i got married)

ultimate goal is 135. I have not been there at all in my adult life. 139 is the lowest i've gotten and you know what? I'm ok with that.
  • a1rose
    a1rose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well my mini challenge to myself sometimes is to see how fast I can WALK a mile. :) Today I did a little of 3 miles (a little over 3k) in under an hour! :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My goal is the same every week. Workout at least 6 days a week, do cardio at least 5 days a week, do strength at least 4 days a week.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get down to 10st first but that won't happen before xmas I don't think.. considering its taken me nearly 4 months to lose my first stone... so my mini goal is to get down to around 11 in time for xmas and fit in my size 16 smart trousers for xmas day!

Once I've got to 11 I'll aim for 10 and half as mini goal and do it 7lbs at a time. I'd like to be around 9 and half if I can get back down there! (age and hormones permitting!)
  • triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thank you! All wonderful ideas.

Here are the mini goals/challenges I have decided to give myself for this week.

1.) Drink at least 80oz of water per day
    2.) Get (at a minimum) 30 minutes of exercise per day
    3.) Have veggies with EVERY meal

October Mini Goal: Lose 8lbs by October 31st

I think next week I will challenge myself to burn at least 300 calories a day. :o)