Hey Everyone!

Options
I am somewhat new here...I signed up a few weeks ago but I havent posted here yet.

A little about me, I am 27, have a 4 year old boy, and am currently a SAHM. I am also trying to lose 82 pounds. Any tips or advice anyone can give me on how to balance a gym routine with my son's activities would be greatly appreciated!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• AlynnP
    AlynnP Posts: 2
    Options
    I am somewhat new here...I signed up a few weeks ago but I havent posted here yet.

A little about me, I am 27, have a 4 year old boy, and am currently a SAHM. I am also trying to lose 82 pounds. Any tips or advice anyone can give me on how to balance a gym routine with my son's activities would be greatly appreciated!

:flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!:flowerforyou:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome :flowerforyou:
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck. If you look at the Message Boards you will find lots of tip and good advice and wonderful recipes. :flowerforyou:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Good luck and welcome to the boards!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jvandertuin
    Options
    Welcome!

When I had my kids, I used them as weights, I would exercise with them and they would love it. I still do it with my 6 year old and 3 year old. Chest press with my son, (he's 3), reverse curls with a kid on my legs, airplane type games. Kids absolutely love it and I get a little workout in!

Good luck, if you haven't discovered already, this site is great...it keeps you accountable as long as you document what you eat, it works really well!
  • xhanson
    xhanson Posts: 18
    Options
    I have four kids with a very busy schedule, I knew there was just no way I could make it to a gym so we bought a treadmill on sale at Sears and so I walk about 20-30 mins twice a day. I usually do one in the morning and then one in the afternoon. The first few days were hard but then I noticed I had alot more energy and now I try to add one more at night. Hope this helps...Laurie:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: