NSV Army Physical Training Test!

Options
Hey all! So I am in the ROTC program at my university :] Had a pt test! They are a month apart... any my results:

2 minutes of pushups (NOT girly ones! and non stop, no break in between)
Before - 23
After - 37

Situps (NON stop again! With hands behind your head and cadet holding feeties)
Before - 28
After - 58!!!!

2 mile run (outside some incline)
Before - 17:01
After - 15:42

This is only after a month! Still 2.5 months left :] how much do you predict I can improve? :]

Best part: Beat some of the guys numbers ;D *flex*

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    dang you rock keep taking time off the mile runs and you could soon pass the navy seals 4 mile run lol wait...
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Incredible; you should be very proud!
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Very nicely done!!! I'm in the Canadian military and I LOATH the PT test. I can't imagine having to do it monthly :P
  • cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO ! What great results :)
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm sure you'll be able to improve those stats by a lot :D
  • JustQue
    JustQue Posts: 157
    Options
    Rock on with your bad self!!! Q
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Haha Ill stick with the army ;D navy and marines are a bit too hardcore for this chick!

Hope I continue to improve :]
  • hsquared87
    Options
    Congrats, the Army Pt test is no joke. Btw those scores have you passing a Navy Prt also. Just thought you should know.
  • adhillman01
    Options
    And the Navy PRT is only a 1.5 mile run.
    Options
    OH! I had no idea!! Have only been paying attention to the Army for now :] that makes me even happier!

Thanks guys :flowerforyou:
    Options
    Very nicely done!!! I'm in the Canadian military and I LOATH the PT test. I can't imagine having to do it monthly :P

I actually enjoy it! Im not sure why xD
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options

I actually enjoy it! Im not sure why xD

It's actually the only test that I've ever gotten pre-test anxiety with. In fact I don't even have to be the one running it and I get stressed out. We do a 20 metre shuttle run (or beep test if you prefer) and merely the sound of the beep is enough to raise my heart rate and blood pressure. Messed up, I know.
  • natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have done all the same tests as you have. I am in the Army currently. A 15:42 run for 2 miles is great. Actually, it looks like you are doing great across the board.I don't know the stats exactly, but it looks like for the Female category you are in the top 10% for everything. Again, I am not sure about this (since I am a 30 year old male) but whatever you are doing, keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!