Dieting & Dreaming of Food

Options
Anyone else have dreams about food while dieting? I've been doing Medifast for 5 weeks now, and twice I've had dreams of overeating.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm on a diet, I just eat healthier than I used to. I did have brownie dreams a few weeks ago though.
  • amberwebb79
    amberwebb79 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The first week I started, I had a dream about eating cookies. I read the package and it said something like 742 calories per cookie. I thought "No wonder I'm overweight!"
  • GrannyCynth
    GrannyCynth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have had several dreams about food. For me it was a good sign, when I was finally successful at quitting smoking, I had dreams of being stuck on Gilliagan's Island and having to smoke banana peels. I was so relieved when I woke up and rememberd that I was no longer a prisoner of smoking. I am feeling that way about shedding this awful prison.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I dreamed about eating 3 or 4 different cupcakes last night!
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Extensive research has been done in this area... alcoholics dreaming of getting drunk, drug addicts dreaming of getting high, and of course those trying to lose weight dreaming of binging or eating unhealthy foods... perfectly normal and common
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Medifast will certainly make you dream of food. That's a tough program.

I did it for 2 months quite some time ago and found more success eating very clean and plant-based. And I didn't dream of all the delicious food I couldn't eat.

:flowerforyou:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Medifast is not food. No wonder you're dreaming of eating! Eat moderately and eat well, and ditch the pre-packaged junk.
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Since July when I started working this whole "eat better and exercise" thing (lol) I've had at least 3 dreams where I've pigged out on candy. Sweedish berries... yummm... Took me a minute after I woke up to realize that I didn't eat that food the day before... and I was happy about it... the dreams have almost been like nightmares when I wake up and think I actually ate bags and bags of candy!