What do you eat on your cheat days?

Options
I've been reading how some people see their greatest loss the day after a cheat day, and I'm curious as to what you eat?

I allow myself a small piece of something sugary like a block of chocolate or a few gummy bears every day.

Not sure if I still get a cheat day then :)

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    The only time I took a whole day was on a cruise. Other wise it is usually something like cake at a party, or alcohol :)
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    On my cheat days (not very often at all) I eat pizza... I love pizza :wink:
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    It's not what I eat, it's what I drink.

BOOZE. And lots of it. Amazingly enough, I'm always at least 4 lbs lighter in the morning, too
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shandekapratt
    Options
    I eat anything i want from chickens to icecream as long as its in my calorica goal. But everybody body is diffrent.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    As for me, I cheat a little every day for something I want. However, I manage to stay within the MFP calories, carbs, ect so I don't know if that is really cheating. If I deprive myself completely, I won't be able to stay on this for the long haul. So far I am on track and could not be happier with this site.
  • auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days. I have something I like everyday. I drink Jack and Coke in the eve. And I have something sugar free like jello/pudding/ice cream everynight. It's all in moderation so I don't feel the need to have a cheat day! And I don't long for something has made it easy!
  • mamaredhead
    Options
    I don't really like cheat days. I eat a little something sweet every now and then, not even every day, or have some alcohol every now and then or a couple of fries from the kids' plates, you know ... But I would never cheat a whole day long, it just wouldn't feel right.

Good luck :-)
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    When you mean cheat day, do you mean going over your calorie count? I haven't had one yet, but that's because I'm so big my calorie count is still pretty high and hard to hit as long as I'm reasonable. I also plan ahead and get a good workout in on days I might go over (going to a party or something). I'm sure this will get harder as I lose weight and my calorie count drops...
  • naturallynikki
    Options
    I wanted to have a cheat meal once a week, but I've been doing pretty well about not caving into my cravings; however, I did have my first official cheat meal this past Saturday and it was an In 'n Out Cheeseburger, fries, and a small strawberry shake (almost 1500 calories). It was sooooo good and I savored EVERY single piece of that meal. The rest of my food for that day (before and after) were low in calories, so I actually only went over like 200 calories for the entire day.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options

BOOZE. And lots of it. Amazingly enough, I'm always at least 4 lbs lighter in the morning, too

Thats freaking amazing! do you go over your total daily calorie limit though, or still stay within?

i dont drink but if i could lose 4lbs AFTER drinking, i might be tempted :P
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Um my cheat days are bad bad, it is usually ice cream or cake, or even a hot pocket, which I vowed was not healthy!!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

That is because you are dehydrated...something to do with how the alcohol processes in your body. The weight will usually come back!
  • pinky04p
    Options
    Pizza, pasta or hibachi! Yum! But very rarely!
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I have one day a week where I don't work out or worry about my calories and I USUALLY get frozen yogurt. Now that it's getting colder, I don't know if that will happen!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    beleive it or not you can eat "bad" foods everyday and lose weight, just fit them into your cals.

on days that i went over maintenance when i was dieting, it usually involved a restaurant and 1000s of cals in bread, pasta, desserts etc
  • annieboo34
    Options
    what's the theory and benefit of cheat days?
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    don't really have 'cheat' days.... just days that happen to come along when i will maybe drink too much (maybe out with my husband -- which is pretty darn rare)...or when we have pizza for dinner (which is very hard for me to resist). if i really want something, i will eat it. no reason not to enjoy! just watch portions.
  • MizBee
    MizBee Posts: 37
    Options
    I only have 1 cheat day a month... on that day, I eat whatever I want. I dont go overboard usually unless Im going to the fair or some sort of festival.. then it's no holds barred, lol. I work my butt off all month so I def dont feel guilty about it at all and im still losing weight. Everyone is different... I just wanted to share what I do :)
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I had my first cheat day since I started a little over a month ago, and I had Chili's Fajitas and Ice cream. It was WONDERFUL, but then I got back on the wagon.