Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Sadly, and rather boringly, never.

Cheat on what? I'm not on some sort of diet! :P
  • JuliePete
    Options
    I don't like the words "cheat day". I guess I have decided that if I really want it, I am going to eat it anyway. I try really hard to keep within my calorie range. That might mean eating a smaller amount of something that might be considered a treat. It has worked for me so far. If I know ahead that I am going out or something special is coming...I work to keep my calories down for a couple of days, or workout more to compensate for it.
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I have one day a week (my day off from working out usually) where I don't worry about calories!
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I "cheat" every Saturday, usually 4000+ calories, and this past week was Pizza, Meatball sub, Arby's Roast Beef, curly fries and triple chocolate cheescake. Then I eat clean for then next 6 days.

I typically lose about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds a week. My Biggest loss is usually shown on the morning of the cheat day.

My diary is public check this past Saturday if you wish.
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    I don't like the words "cheat day".

Ok, call it a spike day. Once a week is all you get. And that means once in a seven day week.
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i never take a cheat day. i always budget my calories to eat whatever i want, of course just smaller amounts.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I am not 'cheating'. If there is an event or I will be somewhere where I can't prepare my own food, I wil relax. This past weekend I was out of town and in a hotel. We were around restaurants that are not in the area I live. I ate. I made better choices than I would have at other points in my life, but I ordered what I would enjoy.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    No cheat days. It is way too hard for me to stop once I start!
  • Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat day every day
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on Saturday.
  • Jiv7
    Jiv7 Posts: 36
    Options
    I can have 2 meals a week of whatever I want, two and only two.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I save mine for special occasions birthday meals out, (always have hot choc fudge cake with ice-cream!) xmas day etc.. I don't get out much though and live on my own so its really easy for me to stick to my diet most of the time.

I might treat myself when go xmas shopping with a friend as I love KFC and McDonalds McFlurry ice-cream and haven't had one since we went xmas shopping last year. .. next treat day will be xmas day I'll allow roast potatoes with xmas dinner as I'm very low carb at minute and my brother makes a trifle to die for with brandy, port and god knows what else in it.... DIVINE!!!! :tongue:
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    1-2 times a week.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I don't do regular cheat days, but I will allow myself to deviate from my normal habits for special occasions.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Wow! LOL
    I have a cheat day every day
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have a "cheat meal" every Friday, whatever I want and it usually includes dessert. I eat very little small amounts of healthy things during the day, and then have my "cheat meal" for dinner. Tonight I had a larkburger with truffle fries and icecream for dessert. It helps me stay on track, since I'm not depriving myself. If I'm really craving something, I know I don't have to "stop dieting", I just have to wait until Friday and then I can have it. My normal calorie allowance is 1200 per day. On Fridays I stay I under 2,000 so I don't go totally crazy. I've been losing 2 pounds a week doing this.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Once a week, usually just 1 meal but this weekend is looking like 2.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    How often do you have a cheat day?

Let's see I'm 55 so I been cheating for 55 years....No Cheat Days, LOL
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I "cheat" every Saturday, usually 4000+ calories, and this past week was Pizza, Meatball sub, Arby's Roast Beef, curly fries and triple chocolate cheescake. Then I eat clean for then next 6 days.

I typically lose about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds a week. My Biggest loss is usually shown on the morning of the cheat day.

My diary is public check this past Saturday if you wish.

Does this work well for you then? I was doing the same sort of thing for a while, like having one whole day eating whatever and not worrying about it but then I was afraid it'd be detrimental to overall calorie deficit :/ I did find it satisfying to be able to have the things I really wanted guilt free like that but I am also afraid it will turn into a binge