I need motivation

Options
Been going to the gym and dieting for about 4 months. Lost 14 pounds. I feel as though I should have lost more by now.:sad:

Replies

• trinidad75
    Options
    Did you have to buy new clothes?
    You should be impressed that its working, what if you were going 4 months and you didn't loose?
    Keep up the good work :-)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Can;t help you get motivated, but we can support you. You are losing weight, that is great!!! This is a lifestyle change, so do not give up on yourself. You are succeeding!!! Way to go!!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    It would also help if you opened up your diary...that way people can advise you!! I am 43 yo as well, add me as friend if you like!
  • trishl2011
    trishl2011 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think 14 pounds is great!! keep up the great work!!
  • stacey_marie_08
    stacey_marie_08 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's a slow, slow process. Be proud that you've been going for 4 months now! That's awesome! I personally haven't lost any weight yet, but I know with patience and perserverance it will come!

Just think you're losing for good, it's a lifestyle change. You're obviously getting into the routine, and that's hard to do. Maybe try switching up what you're doing? It's normal to hit a plateau..

14 pounds in 16 weeks is pretty good, pretty much a pound a week. That's completely healthy and normal. Keep up the good work! :)
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    In 4 months, that equals out to almost 4 pounds per month. Actually not bad! Try eating the closer to the daily calories or if you are, cut back a bit. All in all, you are losing so smile about that and keep going!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. Keep up the great work.
  • sheilaparks60
    Options
    Thanks to everyone. This really helps. :smile:
  • sheilaparks60
    Options
    Haven't bought new clothes but the ones I have are loose now. I kid with my husband all the time that I can actually tie my shoes and breathe at the same time. LOL